advice on rear shocks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice on rear shocks
i'm looking to totally replace the suspension on the HDi, and i've settled on Yellow Bilsteins on the front (B6/8) if i recall, but i'm not sure what to do about the rear..

i always see people slating the Black B4 rears (supposed to be OEM) but havent seen anything to do with the yellows.

anyone got any thoughts on them?
Thanks given by:
I've got the b4s on the back of my car and there great. Not too stiff but miles better than the original equipment (although anything should be better seeing as I had 2 different shocks!)
There also quite cheap.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
but if i've got yellows on the front, would i not be best to match?
Thanks given by:
B4s are awesome, I had them on for abit, now on nialls car Wink, but now have KONI adjustable rears Smile and they are solid Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
The rear dampers don't make that much difference TBH, I had standard ones on from god knows how long now I've got some beefy Apex sports ones they feel the same, maybe slightly less bouncy on rebound but thats about it.
Thanks given by:
Of course they make a difference!
What model is your car? If you have a gti beam, b4s should be ok as the gti beam is already stiff! Unless you want mega stiff of course but I find this incredibly uncomfortable (I am talking about shocks btw lol)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Good quality ones like Bilstein, Koni, Boge and the like are a lot better than Apex, Spax, G-Max and the like. You get what you pay for, the cheap ones are fine for the price but spend more and you can feel the difference Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Gaaaaaaaaaaaz. That is all.
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Liam is right. I've not got any complaints about spax. Apex are good for the money but I would say they are cheap and cheerful.
I would say go for the b4. Good value for money and bilstein is good stuff. Never had a problem with any of mine and believe me, it takes some abuse!! Lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Pity Boge don't make shocks for the 306. Had Boge dampers and Eibach springs on my Audi 80 Sport, made that old boat handle like a UR Quattro Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
i do alot of autotesting and so the yellows are looking the better option to me. have spoken to the person who will be supplying them, and he has them on his '6 ans the 205 rally car. if i was to get a second car, the 306 would become some kind of track slag/ road rally car, so the yellows it is i think..

oh, and he has the yellows on the shelf lol.. cheaper than ordering them in.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear shocks Pgtips 6 1,929 13-08-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam repair advice doogle-d turbo 2 1,041 05-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Citroen ZX rear shocks xanax 13 2,657 16-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Last Post: xanax