Oil leak but where on the engine?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil leak but where on the engine?
Question 
Hi Smile

I am traying to find out where the oil leak is coming from the engine, it is on the back side off the egnine and dripping on the right side off the car, i have recently ( 1 year ago) changed timing belt, water pump+seal and camshaft seal and rocker cover seal.
I have two more options where the leak might come from and that is the turbo seal + hoost ore the vacuum pump seal.
I have taken some pictures but need to wait a little to put it on this forum but coming soon ok Smile
Any suggestions where the leak most likely should come from? Turbo? vacuum pump?
Many thanks for info Smile
[Image: 62941977.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine was back of rocker gasket when it was over tightened. How far down does the leak start?
Thanks given by:
Most likely the rocker gasket. They are so easy to get wrong on these and tend to piss everywhere if not on perfectly. They are quite easy to see see if they'r leaking too.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
and dont overtighten the 10mm rocker cover bolts....
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks for the info yes i might have overtighten the rocker cover.
here are some pictures:

[Image: img0249rm.jpg]
Under the engine left side back.

[Image: img0243gl.jpg]
Left side off rocker cover gasket.

[Image: img0241od.jpg]
Rocker cover gasket.
Thanks given by:
Great i did not see the guide on this forum untill now Blush

Rocker cover gasket change
Bad me Blush
Thanks given by:
There is nothing there compared to the back of my engine lol!
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 01:59 PM)RadiationBeta Wrote: There is nothing there compared to the back of my engine lol!

Make a thread about it and il post some pics of mine,
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 02:57 PM)Daniel306 Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 01:59 PM)RadiationBeta Wrote: There is nothing there compared to the back of my engine lol!

Make a thread about it and il post some pics of mine,

Haha im sure there are worse ones than mine lol! But oil on the block is a none issue on these old french oil burners! Just keep topping em up!
Thanks given by:
hehe Big Grin funny English people Tongue
Thanks given by:
Use gasket sealant on both the head and on inside of new rubber gasket for a guaranteed seal when you do it. Ive never got a rubber one to seal without it but running 6bar oil pump now Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok sweet thanks m8 for the tip il do that cheers from Norway Smile
Thanks given by:
No problem, worth checking the vaccum pump for oil leak as ive had this leak also i usually use gasket seal on that too when doing the cover Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you look on picture 2 there is the oil leak coming from i notic, i have taken off battery and panel and notic the most off oil where coming from thoose 2 hoses air intake oil intake so know i know it where it comes from.
I thought it where coming from rocker cover gasket but not that much there oil leak.

I think it is the Engine Oil breather pipe that is leaking oil att the end.
Possible to take some off on the end and just put it on back ore bether to order a new one?

Ebay Engine Oil breather pipe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-1-...416a23ff0b
Thanks given by:
Have you checked all of the boost pipes? Looks more like oil vapour than a leak in those pictures?
Thanks given by:
That's not an oil leak, you should have seen what mine used to be like lmao
Thanks given by:
Hehe Gerrad Big Grin you are funny Tongue yes the leak is coming from one of those pipes it might be the boost pipe yes il check it out later when i have time Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak of Pipe Air Leak PaddyPug 5 2,873 18-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Last Post: PaddyPug