306 1.9TD AUX BELT PROBLEM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 1.9TD AUX BELT PROBLEM
Hey guys im changing my aux belt atm, and i just cannot get the new belt on its the right one, is there a certain way of getting them on again, like a certain pulley first ans last?
thanks
Thanks given by:
You might not put itt the correct way on Smile
[Image: 62941977.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've just changed mine as it only had half width belt left and I found the first one i purchased was too small by 2cm's or so? I'd make sure it's the correct length as there's 2 for the TD. I put it on in this order: Alternator,idler/tensioner, PAS and finally round crank pulley.

After having the right belt it practically just slipped into place Smile Also, make sure you've loosened the 2 bolts attached to the tensioner as one is halfway up and the other is inside the pulley.
Thanks given by:
As above really. Have you compared the old belt with the new one to make sure they are the same. Also make sure the tensioner isnin its slackest position first, loosen both bolts fully so you can move it by hand the retighten one to lock it in the release position then put the belt on, alternator - ps pump - crank - tensioner. Then re tension the belt so you can just move it about 10mm either way.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Belt slapping wildly - belt tensioned - pics added ginge191 57 28,870 25-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31