WANTED: Black masks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED: Black masks
As title, want some black masks as i don't have the time or patience to do it myself
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get a set of Crystals and I'll do it for you... It's no easy task and you do NOT want to see the process of butchering open Valeos, but I'll do it haha!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Lol, i attempted before... before checking if my friends oven was big enough which it wasn't! I'll see if theres any up for grabs first mate and let you know as my headlights aint in the best of conditions anyways
Thanks given by:
What's actually up with yours, scratched lenses or broken mounts?

They JUST fit in my oven... lol, they're good fun to get apart - usually end up breaking the casing a bit, but they're not too bad.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
They were mint when i got the car, till i moved and my lovely polish neighbors decided to key repetedly my drivers side Angry then a few clips broke when dumdum got hammer happy when we did the FMIC lol

Okay mate, would a hot air gun do the trick?
Thanks given by:
Hot air gun works well but be careful not to melt the plastic.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
lol Ruan, remember us doing yours sat on my kitchen floor?............what a bastard they were, mine came apart much easier than yours for some reason!

NiallHarper Wrote:Hot air gun works well but be careful not to melt the plastic.

^^ this, even if you can get them in the oven the hot air gun is great for keeping them hot while your workin Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:lol Ruan, remember us doing yours sat on my kitchen floor?............what a bastard they were, mine came apart much easier than yours for some reason!

NiallHarper Wrote:Hot air gun works well but be careful not to melt the plastic.

^^ this, even if you can get them in the oven the hot air gun is great for keeping them hot while your workin Smile

Just wear gloves. I burned my fingers big time trying to prise mine apart when they were hot. Didn't go back together properly either Sad

Going to buy some brand new crystals I think!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I have a set, one I broke practising, the other is still in one piece. I'm driving to cornwall tomorrow. If you meet me at a service station on the M5, you can have them for £15 so you have spare bits and one to practise on.

BTW, I used a hot air gun for mine.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
What you doing in Cornwall buddy?

If you can get a set of Depos - they come apart piss easy!
Thanks given by:
visiting the mrs.

valeo's can be alright, just needs patience and very thick skin so you don't burn yourself.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
What do you seal them with after? Just some silicon sealer?
Thanks given by:
Yeh.
Thanks given by:
Cool, cheers mate
Thanks given by:
Should be able to do you a set of new Depos masked if you interested, for £120 all in delivered?

Just that I'm buying a set of Depos soon to do myself can can do it a tad cheaper than normal as I'll save on postage on the lights being sent to me.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm.. £120 seems a little steep, I'll have a think and get back to you mate
Thanks given by:
No Worries.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Trust me heat gun is night mare other parts cool to quick best done in a oven, like i sed before i will do it for you for 20 notes :p

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
If i can get myself a spare set of crystals then i'll probably take you up on that offer mate Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black masks Mac22 3 1,016 28-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Mac22
  black masks, spoiler, gti seats Teddy 19 2,671 25-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Last Post: rd070707
  Black masks. underground375 3 1,202 11-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Nadine