limited boost out of t25

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
limited boost out of t25
as per title

peaking at 20psi

been on the hunt for boost leaks, can't see any, everything is tight, soapy watered ..etc

Only thing i've done is pull the turbo and remount since the hotside clamp lost a bolt and was starting to make a bid for freedom.

Also fitted egt sender

Turbo looked ok

Didn't replace the manifold gasket (steel), but had only been on the car about 200 miles - although can't see any obvious blowing and everything is nipped up tight.

MBC is wound right in.

Soooooo

I'm sure it was running over 20 before all this.

Turbo knackered / manifold gasket leaking / egt prob somehow causing a restriction

Any ideas, as I'm fed up of going under the bonnet Smile

*edit

Its probably the gasket isn't it :/
Thanks given by:
Itl be a gasket or still a leak some where. Does it hold boost fine? Or does it fluctuate quick thing to do to make sure actuator ain't to blame is to cable tie the wastegate if it boosts over then the actuator is faulty.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Could be wastegate creep or similar if you have ruled out leaks
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Holds a steady 20 psi

Actuator seems nice and stiff

If I over fuel it I can squeeze one or two extra psi - so don't think its wastegate creep

Will change the gasket next week and see whats up - getting pretty pro at yanking out turbos these days with all this practise
Thanks given by:
When this happened to me the ball was pitted in the mbc have you tried without the mbc?
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 06:59 AM)con67 Wrote: When this happened to me the ball was pitted in the mbc have you tried without the mbc?

worth a shot isn't it?
Thanks given by:
My MBC gave me no end of trouble on my turbo, until I realise that was cause of issue.

Your situation here is very similar to another one I know, and were still baffled by it, replaced turbo/checked all intake pipes/exhaust etc still only boosting just over 20psi. I know this dosent help though lol
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Unplugged the mbc - still no joy

Have amassed 4 different turbos that are lying around now, so will prob just get another one instead and replace the gasket at the same time.

I'm kinda convinced its the gasket now as you can see on the new steel one that they have a raised outline that presumably crushes to fill in any imperfections for a one shot use.

Soon as I get a day off I'll sort it.
Thanks given by:
I hope that isnt the case as they cost a 5'er a go!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I have recently had my turbo off and used the same steel gasket and its fine. Can your turbo suck in enough air to make the boost? What is your intake piping like?
Thanks given by:
Right had the turbo off again.

My guess is now at weak actuator.

Can pull it about by hand pretty easy, compared to other actuators I have lying around which are quite stiff.
Thanks given by:
I swear some people have fitted the T2 ones on T25's, that may help, if not crack out the welder!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I'm cracking out a different turbo Wink

Would have had it on today but having a mare trying to get an oil feed made up with an m10 banjo on the end, been to 3 hydraulic places with no joy :/ ffs it can be done!
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 08:26 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: I'm cracking out a different turbo Wink

Would have had it on today but having a mare trying to get an oil feed made up with an m10 banjo on the end, been to 3 hydraulic places with no joy :/ ffs it can be done!

I take it it's not another T25 going on?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 08:28 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: I take it it's not another T25 going on?

It may go back on the silver one, but I've got a new toy for the black one
Thanks given by:
Big Grin You wont be dissapointed lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2012, 12:17 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Big Grin You wont be dissapointed lol

its not the td04 ninja- thats for the silver one (this is getting confusing)

Think they tried to deliver the adaptor plates today, but they didn't bother ringing the door bell and I've got a card.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2012, 03:34 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(12-09-2012, 12:17 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Big Grin You wont be dissapointed lol

its not the td04 ninja- thats for the silver one (this is getting confusing)

Think they tried to deliver the adaptor plates today, but they didn't bother ringing the door bell and I've got a card.

ahh im easily confused lol, ahh good at least they left a card i use these a lot and havent had a problem let me know if any problems bud

Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
did you ever get you turbo above 20psi im having the same problem only reaching 22psi
Thanks given by:
Weak actuator
Thanks given by:
what are you running now
Thanks given by:
Lol, I'm several turbos beyond now Wink
Thanks given by:
Ahhhh fair one Big Grin
Thanks given by: