What's it worth? (BMW content)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's it worth? (BMW content)
Hello,

I swapped my Astravan for a BMW 316ti with the intention of selling it on as I don't really want one plus it'd be ridiculously expensive on insurance and fuel. It was the only reasonable offer I'd had in about a month of it being on eBay, Gumtree and Pistonheads hence why I swapped my van for a car I'm not too keen on, as I have the HDi anyway the car I really wanted.

But I have no idea as to what it's 'really' worth. It has:
  • 1.8 petrol engine
  • 140k miles
  • Leather front seats
  • 6 disc changer in boot w/aftermarket head unit
  • Carbon fibre wrapped bonnet/spoiler/door pillars
  • Carbon dipped filler cap/dashboard
  • 16" BMW alloys in matte black
  • 02 plate
  • MOT till September, tax until December

[Image: 1045070_194247550738786_50794851_n.jpg]
[Image: 1017358_194247620738779_114895384_n.jpg]

I've put it up for £1000 but I think that might be a bit high for a car that's knocking on a bit now and has a considerably high mileage for a petrol unit :/

Opinions on how I should price it anyone?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
I'd rip all the stickers and vinyl off it and paint the wheels original silver colour the high mileage and the fact it looks like a chav has owned it will put most people off
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 12:13 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: I'd rip all the stickers and vinyl off it and paint the wheels original silver colour the high mileage and the fact it looks like a chav has owned it will put most people off

The stickers will definetely be going, there's even a JDM shocker sticker on the boot :S It does look 'chavvy' but I'm worried that taking the vinyl off might damage the lacquer underneath? I'll look for a guide to doing it safely.

As for the wheels I don't really have the money to be paying someone to do it or the expertise to do a good job myself so they'll probably stay as they are and just hope someone likes the black on silver look Smile They're done well anyway.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Nice warm days like this week should be fine, just peel it off slow
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
heat gun n patience.

defo remove it all
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Im with danny, I wouldn't worry about the wheels but id pull all the stickers and vinyl , would make it a lot easier to sell, a hair dryer will do the job to get it off ThumbsUp

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I'd give you £600 as is..
Thanks given by:
Yeah return it to stock as much as possible mate

you should see 1k no problem i sold a 03 plate 316ti in February for 1300 quid with 96k half service history and fecked lollypop bushes

get it on the bay thats were i sold mine stick a reserve of about 800 you should see your figure i recon mate
Thanks given by:
As above remove the stickers. Use a fudge wheel (eraser wheel). Its the proper bodyshop tool for removing stickers and glue safely from paintwork and goes in a drill. Id give consideration to taking the wheels off and giving them a quick blast of silver. Hammerite will stick well with little prep and look shiny till you get rid of the car.

Theres a few on autotrader with a little less mileage at about the £2000 mark (which i find a shocker as I wouldn't pay more than £600 for one). I suppose the price depends on how quickly you want rid of it.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for all the replies everyone Smile While it was sunny today I peeled the vinyl off the door pillars, boot handle and spoiler but it's left some sticky residue, what's best to get this off? I used nail polish remover in the past but it takes a lot of elbow grease and I don't know if it would damage the lacquer?

Anyone know what else I could use?

I think I'll have a go at spraying the alloys myself, can't be too hard with a good bit of research and preparation.

Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
Autoglym intensive tar remover will take the residue off without damaging paint.

Spraying is easy enough if you don't have to worry about the finish lasting. A light sanding with some 800 grit wet and dry, use it wet, dry the wheels then mask up with masking tape and newspaper then just blast with hammerite. 2 or 3 cans should do those wheels as they aren't multi spokes
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 04:35 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Autoglym intensive tar remover will take the residue off without damaging paint.

Spraying is easy enough if you don't have to worry about the finish lasting. A light sanding with some 800 grit wet and dry, use it wet, dry the wheels then mask up with masking tape and newspaper then just blast with hammerite. 2 or 3 cans should do those wheels as they aren't multi spokes

Ahh cheers I'll pick some up next week then Smile

As for spraying the alloys it ought to give me a bit of experience and a practice run for when I get round to picking up and spraying a set of nimrods for the pug Smile I read a guide on detailingworld that recommended deflating the tyre before masking it off? Is that essential or could I do it with the tyre still full?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I have always used the deck of cards trick when refurbing and spraying wheels tbh mate good as out saves letting the tyre down
Thanks given by: