VW 2001 Lupo 1.4 16v

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VW 2001 Lupo 1.4 16v
Well guys, the GTI6 is fun and all but it's expensive to run. I'm going to look at a 1.4 16v Lupo (75bhp) with the plan to slam it until it scraps, put stickers all over it and drive at 15mph everywhere because it is so low.

NAAAAAAT.

My girlfriend needs a little car to commute in.

Seems like a pretty reliable car from what i've read so far, anyone have any experience of them or the VAG engine? Anything special to watch out for? It is due a cambelt if it hasn't already been done so I guess that is a good £300 bartering point?

I think the engine is also used in the Polo/Seat/Fabia? But haven't found an engine code yet to confirm this.

thanks in advance
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Mate had an 03 one. Quite nippy for what was only supposed to have 75 HP lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is an Arosa not just the same thing, though perhaps not quite as expensive?

Lupo GTI is a pretty cool little thing!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Friend has the 1.4 one, it's only got 4 seats as we found out when 5 of us were meant to go in one car.
They are pretty small, I got in the driver seat and was shocked when i did a blind spot check so probs good for town but not for shifting people
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by: