Keeping whites white

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping whites white
I've spray up my alloys white, and while they were nice and clean at first over time brake dust and the like has got all over him. Whilst giving them a good wash down today I noticed that alot of the brake dust stains won't come out

Any tips on how to keep them white without having to respray them up every couple of months?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Did you Laquer them bud?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
2 or 3 good coats of lacquer, followed by a good coat of hard wearing car wax and a wipe down every week at least id say
Thanks given by:
Daz..
Thanks given by:
My sp's are still going strong and I done them 4odd years ago
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
swap to low dust pads.
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 06:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Daz..
I had this EXACT thought.
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
I did laquer, but only one coat kinda thought of laquer as a one coat thing. I'll do them again soon since I rushed it before to get done in time for FCS

Are low dust pads something they're advertised as or is it just some pads are more dusty than others

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
lol at the Daz comment Tom! bloody brilliant, made me laugh!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Even if you don't lacquer them, just make sure you flat and polish the paint or lacquer up to a shiny smooth finish. It's when you just spray paint/lacquer on and leave it that it gets a satin/porous finish which the brake dust clings to.
Thanks given by:
Ah yea I think thats what might be going on then, since I powered through and go all 4 wheels rubbed/primed/sprayed in a day then laquered quick the morning after so no time for rubbing down

Will do a better refurb job when get to uni and can get paint everywhere Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I bought this wheel cleaning stuff from morrisons garage. It was in a great bottle something like super wheel cleaner. Spray it all over the wheel and scrub them with the green part of a dish sponge if you get me. Then rinse.
My old green alloys on my Astra brake dust clung to it in blobs so they looked diseased. But it bought them out brilliant!
I highly recommend trying it.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Green part?? Thats the scratchy side isn't it!? I ruined the factory lacquer on one of my spare clones trying to clean the hard stuff off with a kitchen sponge. Sad
Thanks given by:
Um wash them every weekend? Lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: