Exhaust for 1.6 xs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust for 1.6 xs
Ok ill keep it short and to the point.

I have a phase 1 306 xs.
As you will all know it comes with the same engine as the original saxo vtr. and basically the same as S2 106 rallye's.

todays question is this, what exhaust do i need, and or what can i use and adapt to fit. nobody on the entire internet seems to know!

its a 106 engine in a 306, do i need a 306 catback, and a 106 manifold, with some sort of cat in the middle??

im after that raspy rallye sound..

i have taken some pictures but they are taking a lifetime to upload to photophucket.
the main question people have asked is about the route the manifold and downpipe takes. I can confirm that the exhaust after leaving the manifold goes OVER the subframe, does it do this in the vtr?? then i assume** the catback follows the same route as the 306 normally does.

any help appreciated.
Thanks given by:
IIRC on the VTR they go bellow the sub frame and they go over on the 306.. expect a VTR 4-2-1 mani would be fine but expect it'd have to be modified for it to fit the 306 system properly Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thanks matey, exactly what i expected. ging to be a bit of a frankenstien creation but hopefully itll sound lovely
Thanks given by:
I think it's powerflow? or maybe even longlife? but they will customize your system for you, prices vary though obviously Smile
Thanks given by:
yeah im sure powerflow could sort me out. ill source a manifold and tell them what i want from there. love the nile 6 btw, had one myself. will own another one day no doubt
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a plan, cheers buddy Smile just uploaded a new video in my thread if you wanna hear it lol

Everyone should own a 6 at some point Hehe
Thanks given by:
Shut it danny! lol

Surly any perv cat back after market system should fit it? i had a 6 cat back on my old DT and i knew some one who claimed to have a sportex xsi on a 1.4

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
The powerflow i had on my '6 came from a 1.6 IIRC just needed an adaptor to fit to the 1.6 cat
Thanks given by:
Do you think a 2.5inch magnex system would be too big for a cat back on a 1.6?? And where can I source an adapter type thing?

Also does anyone know where a 1.4 cat is the same dimensions and fit as a 1.6?
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 08:32 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: The powerflow i had on my '6 came from a 1.6 IIRC just needed an adaptor to fit to the 1.6 cat

Correct mate its was also on a xsi aswell before the 1.6 Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I knew i wasn't forgetful Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't wanna go more than 2.25" on a 1.6, people who run supercharged 6's sometimes run 2.5" but there's no need on a 1.6
Thanks given by:
I've decided to, for now, put my old gti6 magnex backbox on to the standard system. its got a custom 2" inward rolled tip so should sound cheeky.

future plans will include getting a vtr tubular manifold, fitting the rest of the magnex, which is 2.5" with the mid box removed. And having a custom manifold to cat pipe made.

i havent got the money for pipers £1000 system!!! so ill make do with my frankenstein rasper. thanks for all your help.
Thanks given by:
We're about are you?

You could come see us at Topgear performance in Doncaster, we could make you a system exactly how you want it.

Dan
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm in folkestone mate, a little too far im afraid! thanks anyway though.
Thanks given by: