Ghosts. Love/Hate Relationship (videos added)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosts. Love/Hate Relationship (videos added)
So, I work in a VERY old pub; one which has many stories, tales, myths and so on, one of being Harry the local 'spirit'. Now im open minded as the next person when it comes to this but a lot of stuff happens in this place which can't ALWAYS be explained.

- There is a horse shoe in the converted stable in the pub, which faces a certain diretion; if this gets moved to face a different direction, a LOT of strange stuff happens... again, believe it or not, im not converting anyone.

A small history:

GhostIsland Wrote:8) The Anchor
The spirit of Harry the stable boy haunts The Anchor, run by Chris Troup,
which is one of the oldest pubs in Cowes. Watch out for his melancholy ghost
in the stable bar behind the inn. Many years ago, Harry is said to have hanged
himself there on the bale hoist - which can still be seen.

All can be found here http://www.ghostisland.com/content/docum...ostmap.pdf

Flat shelved, no one had used these glasses since the night before (approx 11:45pm)

One thing that happened this morning which we were able to catch on camera; please, throw any suggestions at it.
The incident occured at 7:44am...
We often do have smashing glasses from excessive temperatures in the glass washer then hitting cooler temps such as water/ice/beer etc.

To add confusion, the glass was facing "up", glasses never get put down "up", they always face down to stop crap/liquid going in them.
Also, the only part of the glass which had smashed was the top quarter of the glass, had almost been "cut" and chucked off the shelf, you can see it shoot out. I'm lost. The lady there is the cleaner, she was with another cleaner who was at the other end of the pub cleaning.

The Shelf:
[Image: HSSpU.jpg]

A Still Shot:
[Image: BYLAp.jpg]

In comparison: the shelf in question is directly under the till in the still shot... the video makes more sense Smile

The Videos:
http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u501...G_2070.mp4

http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u501...G_2067.mp4

Uploading now

Anyone else had any experience with stuff like this? And as pathetic as this sounds now; please keep trolling out, it gets boring after a while...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Had some strange experiences myself and sometimes odd things happen in my house like some nights one particular cupboard door will open itself. Now, mine and Danny's room is downstairs, everything will be locked, everyone in bed but on occasion I'll go out to use the toilet or get a drink and it will be open. If I close it then it will sometimes be open if I go out again which is odd but I know 2 people died in this house years ago...they had a love pack and when one died the other killed their self.. both died in my mums room above us. The person who lived here before said she used to talk to them. My old house was another odd one, old lady froze to death in the living room and she didn't like change so odd things would happen if people moved in or even decorated the place. People can believe me if they wish or choose not to but I swear I saw her walk through my room when I was about 6, watching me then went through the old chimney to my brothers room, I ran and she was at my door, I screamed and ran upstairs... was always a weird house, always cold and had a strange feel to it..

Sorry, I find stuff like this interesting!!
Thanks given by:
Freaky stuff, i must say i am a bit of a beliver with this sort of thing, but i think its somthing you have to see 1st hand to be converted

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Never had an experience myself, but I do believe in it, as does my Mum. For me it stems from the fact that when my Mum and Uncle were 8, their 18 year old sister was in hospital waiting for a liver transplant. One night my Uncle woke up and she was sat at the end of his bed, and told him that everything was fine, and she wasn't sick anymore. The next morning my Grandparents came home and told them that Beverly had died in the night.....

I've woken up in the middle of the night twice before, with an unbearable weight pressing down on my chest, making it hard to breathe and no explanation for it :/
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
When I first move out I had a flat in Leeds, and as soon as I moved in I felt really uncomfortable there, like I wasn't alone. I lived there a year, but only because I'd signed a lease. I used to wake up in the night and hear breathing next to my bed, stuff used to disappear for days and then turn up in one particular corner of the living room, and I was always glimpsing things out of the corner of my eye. I used to go round to mates houses for a drink, and when we'd had a few beers and they offered me a sofa for the night I'd never turn it down lol

Eventually, I got up one night for a drink, turned the living room light on and walked to the kitchen. Halfway through the living room something caught my eye in the mirror over the fireplace - there was an old man stood behind me, snarling at me...

I never went back. My lease had 3 weeks to run and I spent that time at my lasses house, and I paid a mate to pick my stuff up Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I also am a believer of this stuff, had a few first hand experiences.
when I was younger I was sat on my bed reading a book and I looked up and saw a guy leaning around my bedroom door who then walked away. Creepier part of this was that my mum was asleep on the sofa downstairs and saw the same guy looking round the living room door.
also we used to have a smell that would linger around the house (smelt like perfume) and would just appear and disappear randomly for years.
also on my stairs we have photos of our old dogs. One of them passed away a year or 2 before the other but in the last week before the second passed her photo kept falling off the wall. And even now I have felt my dog there and my mum has seen her
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 08:34 PM)Kimmie Wrote: Never had an experience myself, but I do believe in it, as does my Mum. For me it stems from the fact that when my Mum and Uncle were 8, their 18 year old sister was in hospital waiting for a liver transplant. One night my Uncle woke up and she was sat at the end of his bed, and told him that everything was fine, and she wasn't sick anymore. The next morning my Grandparents came home and told them that Beverly had died in the night.....

I've woken up in the middle of the night twice before, with an unbearable weight pressing down on my chest, making it hard to breathe and no explanation for it :/

Sorry. I'll try not to sit on you during your sleep in future.
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you should come to b&q, loads of crazy shit goes on there, lots of bangs/crashes/noises of broken glass, in areas where no one is, and theres never any broken glass on the floor when we go to check (i work lates/nights, when the store is closed and only a small team, so we always know where everyone is)
ive seen people walking around, a dog dash past me and then there been nothing there, my work mates have seen various shit too, one saw a pair of eyes looking at him from behind the shelving, where there is only a a solid brick wall right where the shelves end, my other mate saw someone walk quickly into the shelf and then through the wall, there was cctv footage from a few years back of a pair of legs walking out the front door, stuff gets thrown off the shelves a lot, once a packet of angle brackets flew halfway down an aisle and hit my supervisoer in the head
someimes it gets suddenly very cold in one corner of the store, and you can feel like a very cold wind blow through your body
one of the old supervisers heard something/someone whisper 'billy, billy' in his ear, when no one else was around.

lots of freaky shit goes down at night there
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 10:02 AM)samass Wrote: you should come to b&q, loads of crazy shit goes on there, lots of bangs/crashes/noises of broken glass, in areas where no one is, and theres never any broken glass on the floor when we go to check (i work lates/nights, when the store is closed and only a small team, so we always know where everyone is)
ive seen people walking around, a dog dash past me and then there been nothing there, my work mates have seen various shit too, one saw a pair of eyes looking at him from behind the shelving, where there is only a a solid brick wall right where the shelves end, my other mate saw someone walk quickly into the shelf and then through the wall, there was cctv footage from a few years back of a pair of legs walking out the front door, stuff gets thrown off the shelves a lot, once a packet of angle brackets flew halfway down an aisle and hit my supervisoer in the head
someimes it gets suddenly very cold in one corner of the store, and you can feel like a very cold wind blow through your body
one of the old supervisers heard something/someone whisper 'billy, billy' in his ear, when no one else was around.

lots of freaky shit goes down at night there

It was me whispering 'billy'

I had my hi vis on........ ninja
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hate facebook DeeTurbo 5 3,852 23-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Think I hate insurance Matt 26 6,218 18-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Last Post: highwayman306