hdi ecu tuning help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi ecu tuning help!
right me and dad are about to start tuning his 2000 306 hdi.
right now its bog standard ( 90 bhp?? )
all we're after is a reasonable 130-140 bhp and hopefully good torque too!

firstly we have a k+n 57i induction kit and were gonna duct plenty of air to it and build a stainless box for it to keep the heat away from the engine.

we have a new good size intercooler to fit,
were going to de-cat and lose 1 of the 2 silencers
and were also looking into an egr delete

as you can tell were fine with the mechanical side but we really dont know about the re-mapping side,how its done etc
for example
is it a case of having a chip put in??
can you use a laptop and rewrite the ecu?
do you go through the obd port?
can you raise the boost electronically or is a mechanical valve needed?

finally we live in cornwall, is there anyone near us with the right expertise to re-map the car for us or tell us how we go about it?!
also ours is the bosch ecu,

any help or advice for us will be much appreciated, we really want to unlock some of this cars potential!
cheers
luke :-)
Thanks given by:
All ECU based bud, standard induction with panel filter is best.

Map is done via OBD port, check your ECU & see what number it is..

[Image: ECU-1.jpg]

Eg. Mines an 062 ECU.. The last 3 numbers define what generic map you need if you don't want to go down the route of a custom map.

Galleto is £12 on eBay, plug it in your laptop & load the map yourself, took me 10 mins to stage one mine..

Sorry I've not gone into much detail, hate typing on my iPhone!
Thanks given by:
Give mr whippy a pm hell help you he's a hdi mapper and will send you correct map for your car! Everything your doing mechanically is correct although stage 1 you don't need a intercooler but if your fitting one you might as well go for stage 2 but with restricted torque. You need a new clutch for full torque.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Loose the back box on the exhaust, it's the most restrictive of the two......
Thanks given by:
You'll easily get 150bhp if you do some exhaust mods.

As Kent said, the torque you can get is more a function of the clutch you decide to fit. Fancy clutch = more torque, emptier wallet hehe.

On an original good condition clutch you should still be able to get around 240lbft of torque which is plenty, the fancy clutches only really allow you to run to say 290lbft tops, and that is only for a narrow range in the rpm band too.

You have two options for remapping.

Go somewhere to have it remapped via OBD, a laptop is usually the way to do that.
Buy the OBD tools like KWP2000 or Galletto and then source a file and write the ECU updated data yourself.

The boost has to be adjusted manually on the HDi90, but it's relatively easy to do if you have already fitted an FMIC then it should be no trouble for your skill level!

Cheers

Dave
Thanks given by: