insurance?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
insurance?
anyone know a cheap insurance website that might insure a 19 year old on a Dturbo for less than 9GRAND!!!!

any help would be very much appreciated

thanks
Thanks given by:
Lol, have you got a billion points and claims or something? I might expect 2grand max with 0ncb.....but 9grand. Confused
Thanks given by:
nope, no points no claims. just got a 58grand quote not even lying!!
Thanks given by:
Well, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong then lol.

Try bell/elephant and add some older named drivers (parents maybe).
Thanks given by:
are bell/elephant company? and yea looks like that gonna have to be the case!

worst thing is i even put voluntary paid on accident up to £1000 just to try and get it down
Thanks given by:
I'd be looking at around 2.5-3k because that's how much I paid last year and inwas 19.
Add a parent to named drivers list.. Helps massively!
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Bell and elephant are part of the admiral group, usually a few quid cheaper than admiral though! Putting a high excess sometimes raises your premium on a cheap car btw.
Thanks given by:
Never have parent as main driver and you as the named driver, if they find out shit would hit the fan. Doesn't matter if your named drivers don't actually use the car if the policy is in your name.Smile

Thanks given by:
Btw, last year I was 19 paying 700 full comp for a 1.8 306, then 900 for a golf diesel 130bhp.....you guys shouldn't be getting such high quotes!
Thanks given by:
think its got something to do with my area tbh hahaha but yea i was thinking 2-3k tbh not 9!

hmmmm try on my mums tomorrow but dam i wish mine was that cheap lol
Thanks given by:
That isn't cheap imo, specially for something I'll never use. Hate car insurance with a passion tbh lol.

I do live in an A rated post code though....so yeah yours is probably worse lol. Still ridiculous quotes tbh!
Thanks given by:

I think cause my metro didn't have a single security feature on it is why it's so expensive.. What they didn't know was if someone did attempt to nick it,

1) They wouldnt be able to start it

2) I would hear it being start up with a manual choke being pulled all the way out

3) no power steering or abs they would crash it within 100 yards

Thanks given by:
Funny thing about security, I saved 40 quid on my 106 insurance by telling them it DIDN'T have an immobiliser lol.
Thanks given by:
damm! i even tried saying it only had 2 seats because i know they see it as less people can claim in a crash and there still having none of it
Thanks given by:
I pay a grand on the hdi with Danny n my mum on the policy... Can insure a 6 for 1200...
Thanks given by:
how old are you though plus you dont have a penis which takes 5grand off before you start!
Thanks given by:
18 and at the time of quotes had 10 months license!
Thanks given by:
First year 19 with ncb £1100 for Hdi , £900 with 1year ncb
Check your postcode out
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-4436.html
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
yep its a big fat F!! :'(
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2012, 09:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Funny thing about security, I saved 40 quid on my 106 insurance by telling them it DIDN'T have an immobiliser lol.

Really? Maybe it's cause if anything happened they wouldnt have to pay out for replacement of immobiliser hehe.. Insurance quotes are very very weird!!

Thanks given by:
hmmm might say mines not got one on
Thanks given by:
Tried the were you park it? I put mine as garage first year then found out second year it's cheaper to have on driveway
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
well the way they see it is if its in a garage or drive you have a chance of banging it on way in or out of it......... but i dont have either anyway lol
Thanks given by:
its cheaper to have it on street/car park most of the time. and have you tried club insurers?
Thanks given by:
club insurers?
Thanks given by:
Adrian Flux Smile In the 'Traders and Affliates' section
Thanks given by:
they pretty cheap yea? thanks btw Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2012, 10:00 PM)kyleo92 Wrote:
(25-08-2012, 09:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Funny thing about security, I saved 40 quid on my 106 insurance by telling them it DIDN'T have an immobiliser lol.

Really? Maybe it's cause if anything happened they wouldnt have to pay out for replacement of immobiliser hehe.. Insurance quotes are very very weird!!

Nope, its because of how they work on statistics..........statistically, more 106s were paid ou for (crashed/stolen) that had immobs than those that didn't.........but they dont take into account that there were a lot less without immobs to start with!! Thats also why its now cheaper to park on the drive than garage, more in the garage were claimed against.

@Pud - F rated post code, oh dear, cheaper to move than insure your car then haha! Confused
Thanks given by:
The reasoning behind it being cheaper to park on a lit street is because there's more chance of thieves being deterred, if a nice motor is kept in a locked garage the thieves only need to get into the garage and then they have all the time in the world to steal the car as noone will see them
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by: