Williams' Track '6 Bit of weight saving ;) + shortened wheel base

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williams' Track '6 Bit of weight saving ;) + shortened wheel base
Really sorry to hear about this !!
Glad your both ok ....
See you both soon ...
Are you still poping up to Pugfest ?

Sadly I think the cage will be twisted when you remove it ?.....hope I'm wrong !
Thanks given by:
uh oh! not what you want to do!
Thanks given by:
That proper sucks. Good to see the cage is ok and more importantly so are you.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah on 2nd looks now I'm not sure the cage is ok... hard to see as the shell is twisted.

Yeah still going to pugfest, I'll be in the lexus though...

Not my most favourite thing to do sam! Tongue

An thanks bash yeah we're fine Smile
Thanks given by:
hard to say from the pictures properly but it appears the front is a tad low and spring rates a bit low too, rear dampers not controlling rear droop under braking very well.

onwards and upwards!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Think the spring rate is 285 lbs they were marked on the springs thought they may be a little low... The car bottoms out in combe through the chicanes.

The car was corner weighted and ride height set at the same time, by blendini motorsport. I feel fine with it Smile

Arb was also useless on the back that day the bolt had come loose disappeared lol.... must have been gone at fcs to.
Thanks given by:
just fyi, cully and me run 18-19psi on the rear with ad08s. and I ran 28-29 on the front.

Seems like you running quite high on the backs no!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah they were high would have dropped them if I managed to make it in, just wanted to set the hot psi pressure and see what it felt like...
Thanks given by:
can't have been fine or you wouldn't have crashed :p

yeah, ask pebbles what having a disconnected ARB can be like Doh
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Oooooo shots fired Tongue

Ok I will correct what I said it feels fine with the tyres warm Tongue
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2015, 08:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: just fyi, cully and me run 18-19psi on the rear with ad08s. and I ran 28-29 on the front.

They should be run between 29-33 hot

(23-06-2015, 08:28 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: Think the spring rate is 285 lbs they were marked on the springs thought they may be a little low... The car bottoms out in combe through the chicanes.

The car was corner weighted and ride height set at the same time, by blendini motorsport. I feel fine with it Smile

Arb was also useless on the back that day the bolt had come loose disappeared lol.... must have been gone at fcs to.

I run the same spring rate, 200mm long. 
Rear arb disconnected would have made the handling pretty unpredictable
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
29-33 hot for the rears!?

See cullys photos from combe to see what happens when you run too much pressure on the backs into camp!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2015, 10:22 PM)adam b Wrote: [quote='Piggy' pid='541795' dateline='1435091661']
just fyi, cully and me run 18-19psi on the rear with ad08s. and I ran 28-29 on the front.

19psi was cold temp on a 16" tyre Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(23-06-2015, 10:56 PM)cully Wrote:
(23-06-2015, 10:22 PM)adam b Wrote:
(23-06-2015, 08:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: just fyi, cully and me run 18-19psi on the rear with ad08s. and I ran 28-29 on the front.

theres no way they would go up 10psi once hot though surely?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

(23-06-2015, 08:28 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: Think the spring rate is 285 lbs they were marked on the springs thought they may be a little low... The car bottoms out in combe through the chicanes.

I run the same spring rate, 200mm long. 
Rear arb disconnected would have made the handling pretty unpredictable

Yeah I did't want to make excuses why I crashed but the arb plate was just moving up and down not attached Tongue I suspected that didn't help me out when I was trying to correct it.

Not sure of the length of ours, what setup you running?

Got gha's going for gold soon enough though.
Thanks given by:
no shots, just an observation Big Grin

I'd go for proper dampers if you're bothering to change them, save up a bit more.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2015, 08:04 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(23-06-2015, 10:56 PM)cully Wrote:

theres no way they would go up 10psi once hot though surely?!

my nanks when from 25 to 34 by the end of the session.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2015, 10:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: 29-33 hot for the rears!?

See cullys photos from combe to see what happens when you run too much pressure on the backs into camp!

Yes. It's what they are designed to run. Same goes for most road-track tyres. Only slicks should be run less.

My rear tyres went up 6psi on Friday and it was warm out (23 degrees). After 5 laps but with a fair bit of brake bias set. 

It's very dangerous running too low pressure, tyre can come off the rim etc. Car feels awful with less than 27 in the tyres and I carry a load more speed with them at 31-32.

I'm using kw v2s but using different springs. You are very likely to get inner rear wheel lift without the arb. Happens fairly suddenly on standard suspension, hence the lack of grip Smile
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  saving the red rallye chiefton 30 6,036 19-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Last Post: chiefton