How do i Remove my aircon???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i Remove my aircon???
Well as above really, i started to fit an intercooler yesterday and the aircon rad fell to bits so i deiced im going to remove the aircon all together, so how do i remove the pump and what do i need to do?? what rote dose the new belt take? and what is the new belt?? (is it case of ask for one for my car but say it dosent have aircon?? ) Any help welcome as would like to remove it asap as it will make my root for the pipeing alot easyer

Thanks given by:
May help if you said what model 306 you have Smile

Just noticed from another post that you have a hdi so

1 unbolt the a/c pump and remove it
2 rip all the a/c pipes out
3 get a shorter belt and fit it job done Smile

Thanks given by:
yes i have hdi...... also posted in the hdi section lol

how dose the shorter belt fit?? what route dose it take?? and i dont need to swap anything else??

Thanks given by:
You should be able to work out the belt routing, as far as i remember its not far off the original and its hard not to get it right, the pipes were a real pain to get out of mine from round the back. Just bend them till they snap and take them out bit by bit. The pump is just four bolts with a 16mm nut and bolt.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i belive without looking the belt is a 6pk1193,
becasue 1205 is too big and the belt just runs a diff way.
ask i think its warlord

EDIT
its a 6pk1173 belt

(stolen from warlord)
[Image: auxbelts1-1.png]
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 12:09 PM)Diggers Wrote: i belive without looking the belt is a 6pk1193,
ask i think its warlord

EDIT
its a 6pk1173 belt

(stolen from warlord)

Well that looks simple enough! never thought it would be that easy lol whats a 6pk1173 belt?? is that the part number for peugeot?? or can i just go to my local car parts place and get a belt for non air con??

Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 01:01 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(23-08-2012, 12:09 PM)Diggers Wrote: i belive without looking the belt is a 6pk1193,
ask i think its warlord

EDIT
its a 6pk1173 belt

(stolen from warlord)

Well that looks simple enough! never thought it would be that easy lol whats a 6pk1173 belt?? is that the part number for peugeot?? or can i just go to my local car parts place and get a belt for non air con??

i think 6pk1173 is a gates belt code.
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
autodata belt routing for cars with aircon and without

Thanks given by:
soooooo theres 2 options then but looking at the second option the belt will need to be longer??

Thanks given by:
If you want to remove the pump there are 2 options.
1 use the shorter belt listed above with the original alternator and pas bracket.
2 use the full non air con bracket from a dw8 or dw10 and run the appropriate belt for that setup as cully has pictuered (which is what I've done on 2 (about to do the 3rd) of my cars and a mates)
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Think im gona go for the warlord option seems so much easyer

Thanks given by:
Just to confirm, 6pk1173 is a gates part number, otherwise pug parts guys should be able to find you a belt that's 6 notch and 1173mm long. Keep the bottom tensioner in place, it removes the long run from the bottom gives a little bit more wrap around the alternator pulley. I seem to remember that long run gave warlord problems with the belt slipping, hence why he ended copying the set-up i used (last pic).
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I ment on the net and i seen ur post just after and found it on ebay nice one mate thankyou
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine Remove Without Disturbing Aircon? Tom85 5 1,000 16-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Last Post: rocker8742
  Aircon LewisG 11 2,060 24-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Last Post: mcvite
  aircon finchy 2 1,615 04-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Last Post: finchy