Remote Key Fob

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote Key Fob
Hi guys,

When I bought my 6, the buttons on the key fob didn't work. Haven't really bothered with it, but have decided I'd like to get the remote working!

Mine is a Phase 2 and has the infra red type fob. Can this be reprogrammed myself? I'm guessing batteries died and one of the previous owners just never bothered changing them.

If I change batteries, is it easy to re-sync myself or does key need to be reprogrammed by a dealer or something?

Ash
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
Just change the batteries for now - eBay is your friend for these.
Thanks given by:
If they've both died then it's a little harder to do, but if one key isn't working and one is, then it's nice and easy to do Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the replies, but I only have one key!
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
I have a ph2 and neither of my remotes worked so I ordered new batteries from eBay put them in and they worked no problem, no programming or anything.
Thanks given by:
Ive got a ph3 and every now and again my key fob doesn't work, ive changed the batteries, I think it has something to do with the sensor on the car because it becomes dodgy when it's really hot!! Isn't it built into where my automatic wiper sensors are? Annoying as hell seeing as I have now other way to get into my car.. So I just style it out when I'm stood outside :/
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Changed the batteries over today, but to no avail! Any suggestions?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Phase 2 ir you can reprogram to lock / unlock the car i done mine its easy. You will need to swap the little imobaliser chip from ur old key in2 the new key tho.

It will tell you how to program it in the owners manual if you have one Smile

Also ur keys mayb f*cked so you may need new ones Smile

Thanks given by:
So do I need a whole new key? New internals and everything? Where would you source that from? All look used on eBay.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
i brought a new case for mine from ebay + it doesnt even fit, my key is an IR one and the buttons are non existent. just accepted that my RCL wont work
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PH3 RF Remote Key questions td163 2 1,075 21-05-2015, 11:00 PM
Last Post: td163
  Rf remote key fob not working dazza1232 2 983 21-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: dazza1232
  PH3 Remote not working... chris.7583 2 1,205 17-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub