would appreciate a little advice...pre interview butterflies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would appreciate a little advice...pre interview butterflies
Hey all.

Ive got a job interview tomorrow for an apprenticeship in engineering.

Im nervous as hell....can anyone give me any useful tips on how to stay calm before a during please? At this rate il be going into the interview as a gibbering wreck.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Good night's sleep, try to turn your nervousness into excitement, it will then be portrayed as enthusiasm. Deep breaths as you enter the room to see them. Put everything else out of your mind (relationship problems, car problems, money problems... If any of these apply to you)

And most of all have confidence for what's ahead..
Good luck!!
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
thanks Smile tbh i am kinda excited, something like this is just what i need for a confidence boost, and the possible start of a career isnt something i take lightly.

just jittery as hell haha
Thanks given by:
Failing that get really high and mastibate heavily beforehand
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Imagine everyone naked haha

(I bet that really doesn't work)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What if its a good looking girl doing the interview.....imagining her naked might not have the desired effect haha! Confused
Thanks given by:
Shouldnt be nervous about the interview.. you should be excited.. I've been to a few interviews and the people are always lovely so dont panic about it, your meeting new people thats always fun Smile
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 07:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: What if its a good looking girl doing the interview.....imagining her naked might not have the desired effect haha! Confused

My manager was damn hot. Can be akward but just be yourself and have a laugh... worked for me
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Chronic masterbation.

Also make sure you go for a slash before hand, nothing worse when you're trying to focus and your mind is focused on your bladder
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I went through a stage of doing a lot of interviews in electrical engineering. Every job I got an interview for I got really excited thinking his is my big break. Everyone one I flumped and I think it wa because of nerves. In the end, the job I was doing at the time got me down so badly. I got an interview for a job and thought "you know what, I don't care if I get it or not". I prepared as much as I could by thinking of answers to the basic interview questions. On the morning, shit shave and shower and put a smart shirt and tie on. When I turned up, I was genuinely cool headed. Really didn't care if I left without the job or not. Interview went so well and so did the group activities they got us to do. Just thinking logically and not panicking....18 months on and I'm glad I haven't had to do any interviews since! Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
the way i always see it is, you walk into the interview with nothing. If you mess it up, what have you lost? Nothing! You can only gain!
Thanks given by:
I do recruitment as part of my job, so here's a few things I look for...

1. Appearance - We wear whatever we want at my office but that doesn't mean people can turn up for interviews in skate shoes and cargos. Don't think you need an expensive suit, a clean one with some clean shoes, neat hair (no spiky shit, or if you've got long hair like me tie it back neatly) and a touch of aftershave makes a great impression.
2. Introduction - Say hello rather than alright or hi and always state your name and thank the interviewer for taking the time to speak to you, speak confidently, don't mumble but don't shout either, and practise a firm handshake.
3. Interview - Practise answers to classic interview questions like "what motivates you?" and "describe a situation where you had to use teamwork to achieve a goal", but also read up on the business, there aims and values, and the industry in general, as well as the duties involved in your role. If you say something daft, forget it, it's done and panicking trying to backtrack doesn't look good.
4. Manner - Always make eye contact, nod and verbal nod "mm, yes, ok", speak slowly and clearly and make sure you've had a drink first to stop drymouth. Don't interrupt, and try to look like your really thinking about the questions you're asked.
5 Closing the interview - Make sure you ask intelligent questions about the role and the company, and emphasise how excited you are about the job. Thank the interviewer again, and NEVER try and find out whether it's a yes or no. If they say "we'll call you" don't start asking when or pressing them to tell you straight away.

These are things I look for when I do interviews, I hope that helps Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
liam, thanks for that it really helped.

i did exactly that, also remembered that i have nothing to lose relaxed me quite a bit. think it went well, theyre doing a second round of interviews next week, i find out tomorrow if im invited to one or not Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Cool. Well good luck for the next stage. Is it a big company or small?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
theyre a huge company o_O they make allsorts for massive companies
Thanks given by:
And they are.....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 05:10 PM)Popeye_6 Wrote: liam, thanks for that it really helped.

i did exactly that, also remembered that i have nothing to lose relaxed me quite a bit. think it went well, theyre doing a second round of interviews next week, i find out tomorrow if im invited to one or not Big Grin

No problem mate, best of luck. The thing I love most about doing recruitment is I sometimes get to be the guy who phones them to say they've got the job, that bit is f*cking great Big Grin
Thanks given by:
well i got a call today inviting me for second interview Big Grin

il tell you who the company is after i get/dont get it, i dont want to jynx anything at this point
Thanks given by:
well done mate!
Thanks given by:
Nice one mate!
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 08:37 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I do recruitment as part of my job, so here's a few things I look for...

These are things I look for when I do interviews, I hope that helps Smile

Indeed, although have worked in sales, customer services and retail, being experienced in but not qualified for contract law roles and DPA training THEN spending a year or 2 working for a couple of Agencies I'd like to get into Recruitment, what's the 'best' way?

I've applied at a couple of firms and some are in Leeds but I have no experience in headhunting - surely not everyone can as they start out?

I have an old colleague who does it now (has for 18months) and to be frank; I believe I could do what I've seen him do.. is there any specific rules or criteria which your industry looks for/against in new recruits?

And um, well done Popeye Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm not specifically in recruitment mate, I'm a customer services team manager, but recruitment is part of the job. I just really do phone interviews, face to face interviews and assessments, not headhunting or anything like that. Sorry dude Smile
Thanks given by:
One of the most common questions I've had in interviews of lat (albeit over 18 months ago) is this one-

"What is your single biggest achievement?"

It's easy to stumble on that one IMO!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Job interview! MarkTD 7 1,401 17-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Sian
Music Little interview with my band . . :-) Mattcheese31 14 4,022 13-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Interview Day!! :D CJ_Derv 29 5,135 22-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv