Knocking / grinding when driving help.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knocking / grinding when driving help.
I broke the CV joint on my d turbo last week so changed that it was fine done 350 miles this weekend fine.

Got home fine nipped out and when i came to reverse out of a bay it went with a clunk/bang but was fine after that then the other day it did it again then was ok until 2 miles down the road i got the worst vibration i ever felt, gearstick wobbling the lot.

Got it home and the inner cv on the passengers side was shot so today i have changed the shaft and all was well then its started like a clunking/knocking noise.

Dont know what it is, checked the shafts all the boots are still on and not split.

Dont know what it could be any ideas? something spinning because it gets louder/more aggressive the faster the revs get.

Thanks
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Wheel bearing? Does the noise get worse with revs or road speed?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
revs the faster you make the revs go up the worse it gets, dosent seem to hardly do it when im grannying it, but if im driving normal round town it dosent like it.

If you dump the clutch when it happens it goes away instantly until you re engage the clutch.

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Engine/gearbox mounts Smile

I'd guess the lower one cos they're shit lol...
Thanks given by:
I've checked the top engine mount seems to be ok not checked the lower one, when it happens if you look at the bonnet the car shifts from left to right proper wierd like a wheel is loose / falling off but its not that.

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Mine does it, found out its gearbox mount
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Agreed, lower engine mount. Jack up the drivers side and check the rubber as its probably perished.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
When the gearbox mount went on your old diablo before you had it danny, the gearstick was like a black & decker drilldo.

It was mental, try that, under the battery tray, few bolts, jack under the box, job done
Thanks given by:
Mehh i got fed up of trying to find out what it was so when i was 100 yards from home i set off quickly and its blown the drive shaft to bits at the inner cv joint Smile

New drive shaft required cheers lads.

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grinding at 3000rpm Dicky 4 1,643 16-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Last Post: CJ_Derv
  grinding noise studturbo 4 1,842 12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Last Post: studturbo