Epic start to the week!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic start to the week!
Okay so you may all have read my troubles with the lady I really like, well I was talking to her on facebook when she told me she'd gone into meltdown as she had just found out that he had actually left her for someone he was already with. Then she goes quiet. I try messaging her nothing. I try phoning her and nothing.

Go to put diesel in as by this point I was really worried, stick my last £30 in which has to last me now until next week as I don't get paid this week. Start the car no worries, head off by this time I was about to make my way to hers as I was really worried by this time 100 yards down the road almighty bang, cloud of smoke and a nice trail of oil. Get out the car and notice shrapnel everywhere.

f*cking piston and rod have ever so nicely left the block leaving me without transport, so I have my work which I drive for a living...Can't do it. Dad will loan me his car, wait...sold it last week, new car not being delivered until October.

Then get a text asking me to phone her, so I did she's asking me if I can get down to her as she really needs me at the minute. Lovely!

So start to the week is going rather f*cking well I had my chance to shine and the f*cking car's let me down...Oh and did I mention I don't get my wages until the 31st of August, and on the 1st of September I'm going to be homeless. f*cking EPIC!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
f*ck dude, that's a right shitter...

Know anyone who drives a derv? Sell them the contents of the tank, then you'll have cash for bus or whatever till the end of the month...

Lots of dervheads up your way tho right? Maybe someone can help you out?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Not at the minute, did have a lad in a 306HDi stop and help me push it out the way and clean up shrapnel and oil and as he pulled off noticed his car sounded like a siren so offered to sell him the turbo for a half decent price as it's only done about 20k and boosts really well.

I was warned not to get a red car...Now I know why!

So currently on the lookout for a new car just found an Astra 1.6 at £400 that has only done 80k and has a fresh MOT now I'm just gunna have to sweet-talk my dad into loaning me some cash until the end of the month.

Thanks given by:
Nooo don't get a New car, just drop a new lump in! Pick one up for about 80 quid, spend a day swapping them over, bush bosh, go visit the lady!
For real, an engine change isn't hard, I did one more or less on.my own, with very minimal experience!

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2012, 12:17 AM)samass Wrote: Nooo don't get a New car, just drop a new lump in! Pick one up for about 80 quid, spend a day swapping them over, bush bosh, go visit the lady!
For real, an engine change isn't hard, I did one more or less on.my own, with very minimal experience!

I have no patience and TBH I think I have broken my foot losing my rag with the car. It broke down I lost my temper kicked what I thought was the bumper in a fit of rage (anger management issues) and instead kicked what turned out to be the bumper crossmember, f*cking foot is swelled to f*ck and has turned a rather fetching shade of black!

Thanks given by:
Damn dude.

So the 306 doesnt live for you!
I appologise

That sucks mate... its a propper shitter when everything seems to all come at once.

I know your pain dude

Love from me
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2012, 12:29 AM)Andy Wrote: Damn dude.

So the 306 doesnt live for you!
I appologise

That sucks mate... its a propper shitter when everything seems to all come at once.

I know your pain dude

Love from me

Bloody poof. Thanks for the kind words at this devastating moment in time *SNIFFLES*

Love you too haha Undecided

R.I.P Odin!!!

Thanks given by:
I know man, i know.

Dont let shit get to you.
Damn i should be an agony aunt.
Just smile and only that will make you feel better, even if it feels like it won't.

Or get Aids
^This will give you something to focus on
If you dont fancy aids...
Swap the engine of your car.
Thanks given by:
As a sidenote my only pain at the minute is the one in my foot which is really killing but the nearest place is about a mile away to go get it checked and the X-Ray department only works 9-5 nearest hospital is 23 miles away so just need to man up despite wanting to f*cking cry with the pain. No pain for the car as it's a lady garden, bad luck comes in 3's they say Friday night door check strap snapped as I was getting out door swung back and hit me in the face damn near giving me a concussion, leaving said female in stitches as I dropped to the floor. Sunday night, axle starts making funny noises, people tell me the axle is Kaput!

Now this...And samass do not DARE remark that my whole life seems to be one big fail!!! Rofl Rofl Rofl

But honestly this is going to be an epic move if I can get it right!

Thanks given by:
Im saying nuffin Big Grin

Ahhh ok, I did laugh when you said you hit yourself in the head... In front of the lady... lol which is, funny haha

But no, im not so harsh as to say your life is one massive fail, but you do post up some epic fails! So good on ya for entertaining us ThumbsUp

In all seriousness tho, I feel your pain, when the shit hits the fan, it does it with style!
Get a good kip, get on the hunt for a new engine tomorrow :p

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2012, 12:48 AM)samass Wrote: In all seriousness tho, I feel your pain, when the shit hits the fan, it does it with style!

This ^

Guy with mohecan talks sense. <3
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2012, 12:48 AM)samass Wrote: Im saying nuffin Big Grin

Ahhh ok, I did laugh when you said you hit yourself in the head... In front of the lady... lol which is, funny haha

But no, im not so harsh as to say your life is one massive fail, but you do post up some epic fails! So good on ya for entertaining us ThumbsUp

In all seriousness tho, I feel your pain, when the shit hits the fan, it does it with style!

Kip is the last thing I'm gunna do now...on the hunt for an engine now...found a fully recon D Turbo engine with a Bosch pump and TD04L for £500 but the bastard is in Ireland!

Carlsberg don't do engine failures, but if they did, they'd be EPIC!

I don't do engine failures (MUCH!) but I like to add a bit of style and class...gunna go take some photos of the level of epicness in the morning...If I can walk!!!

Thanks given by:
Dude, I feel for you. Only just found this thread but I've already replied to your other one.
In all seriousness last nights exploits on your private runway may have contributed to tonights events or were you on the same runway again???? Big Grin Big Grin

If you have bust your foot I'd forget about driving for a few weeks tbh and that'll give you plenty of time to sort the engine.
As for being homeless I don't think a certain lady friend will let that happen to you - do you? though you may have to make do with the sofa for a while Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2012, 02:59 AM)ash240970 Wrote: Dude, I feel for you. Only just found this thread but I've already replied to your other one.
In all seriousness last nights exploits on your private runway may have contributed to tonights events or were you on the same runway again???? Big Grin Big Grin

If you have bust your foot I'd forget about driving for a few weeks tbh and that'll give you plenty of time to sort the engine.
As for being homeless I don't think a certain lady friend will let that happen to you - do you? though you may have to make do with the sofa for a while Big Grin

She lives with her dad, he may have something to say about it but no I had only just got out of the garage literally 100 yards from it before it went bang I was only doing about 20 at the time...and last night's exploits shouldn't be a problem really it's only done 130k and has been serviced every 6k miles throughout its life and only had the cambelt replaced 12k ago!

Thanks given by:
Hmm, shouldn't really of gone bang then - was it a DHY engine by any chance?
Bummer about her dad but he may be quite liberal minded so you never know, really hope things work out for you bud. put some wanted ads on the forums for an engine - know who's got what stashed away in their shed/garage
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2012, 03:35 AM)ash240970 Wrote: Hmm, shouldn't really of gone bang then - was it a DHY engine by any chance?
Bummer about her dad but he may be quite liberal minded so you never know, really hope things work out for you bud. put some wanted ads on the forums for an engine - know who's got what stashed away in their shed/garage

Nah was an XUD9TE with a Lucas pump and think a KKK Turbo.

Thanks given by:
Just get a new engine dude. Should only be £100 for a new XUD...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
New engine easy fix job done, can pick these engines up for peanuts!!
And so I had to laugh when you said you hit yourself in the head haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Engine swap easy? With this guys lack of luck!? Confused

Lol, I can see another thread of fails if you do. Good on ya for not giving up when things go to shit though! Smile
Thanks given by:
Seems your car knows that when you need it most, it wants to strip weight (btw we've come up with some great weight saving methods for increased acceleration if your interested)
Get it repaired mate. Doing an engine on these really isn't too difficult.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
What a shitter !
Dan on here is selling a ph1 dt for £250

Shit condition but it works.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
f*ck off Jake that 306 is MINT
Thanks given by:
I know someone with a Dturbo that they are breaking, he'd give me the lump for peanuts. I can ask if you want mate?

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
The engine don't bother me, I've done an engine before it's all the wiring and stuff that really frigs me about!

I can't find an engine at all at least not as local as I really need it to be but I'm generally coming around to the idea...Dunno why though not with my luck at the minute!

Thanks given by:
Electrically wise a DT engine is probably one of the easiest to hook up from what i've read
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Meh, xud. 12v to stop solenoid, glowplugs on a switch and you're golden Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Kinda shocked I have to say that when it happened the car was still running, and it still fires up now Rofl

Just found a 406 1.9 D Turbo engine which has only done 86k but looks as if it's got a FMIC setup on it for not too much but just dunno what to do whether to help the phoenix rise from the ashes again or whether to move on to Project B.

Thanks given by:
If it runs, drive it till it seizes!

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2012, 01:16 PM)samass Wrote: If it runs, drive it till it seizes!

Which will be very soon I am thinking as it's not got any oil in it at all now :/

Thanks given by:
Get the 406 lump if it's genuine miles - you'll probably have to swap the fuel pump over though.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PROJECT OF THE WEEK bashbarnard 20 3,786 27-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  So its that day of the week again.. FRIDAY! Matt-Rallye 16 2,701 01-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  It's that day of the week again... C.A.R. 11 2,437 09-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum