Auxiliary Belt Tensioner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auxiliary Belt Tensioner
Hi all, I've got a rattling tensioner pulley on my Phase 1 306 dTurboS and I read somewhere that you need to drop the engine to change it out, is this true?
I also read something about doing away with the tensioner and using a 'stretchy' belt is this the way to go?
I really, really don't want to remove engine mounts if I don't have to.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
G.
Thanks given by:
Doesn't have to be removed from the car, but dropping it off the left hand engine mount would probably make it significantly easier... Just put a jack under the sump, lift slightly, undo the bolts, grab the back of the engine, wiggle, and yank on the mount and it'll come free... You can then drop the engine forwards and down...

With regards to the stretchy belt, I think someone's pulling your leg... There's no such thing...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ruan, jeez you would think that changing an Aux belt tensioner would be a straight forward process!
I'll get my chassis number and get a part ordered soonest. Is www.buypartby.co.uk still a good place to buy parts?

When i put my registration into the search engine it comes up with various different parts - I think I'll need to get the wheel off and have a look thru the arch to see what one it is I need. Typical Pug!

If I factor 2hrs for the job - does this sound realistic? I'm pretty handy with a spanner.

G

(20-08-2012, 07:17 AM)Ruan Wrote: Doesn't have to be removed from the car, but dropping it off the left hand engine mount would probably make it significantly easier... Just put a jack under the sump, lift slightly, undo the bolts, grab the back of the engine, wiggle, and yank on the mount and it'll come free... You can then drop the engine forwards and down...

With regards to the stretchy belt, I think someone's pulling your leg... There's no such thing...
Thanks given by:
Anyone got a an idea what the part number I'm looking for is?

Belt tensioner for a 1996 dturbo

Thanks,
Gordon
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which Aux Belt tensioner??? jcsh 7 3,201 09-04-2019, 09:10 PM
Last Post: weka
  Aux belt tensioner celesboy1 8 3,748 09-11-2018, 08:25 PM
Last Post: weka
  Urgent help needed, belt tensioner aux. Easy Spoonaltap 4 1,952 15-03-2016, 03:03 AM
Last Post: maxaret