boost pressure limits tmic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boost pressure limits tmic
Hi peps just wondering what the
limits are on running a tmic with vent
Thanks given by:
if you have a vent in the intercooler you probably not going to hold much boost ....
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
I have a trooper bonnet vent on it
Thanks given by:
I assume you're still running a stock turbo? Basically the stock turbos are on the limit of their efficiency if pushed much past stock... The stock top-mount will not manage to cool the charge much if you push the stock T2/K14, meaning the charge temp will quickly increase and you'll get more smoke (less dense air being hotter).

Really the best thing to do is uprate the turbo to something that will flow a lot more air, as this will not heat the charge so much, meaning the extra air it's flowing will also be more dense = more power.

In short, you wont blow anything up if you max the stock turbo, but the tmic wont keep up cooling it, so it'll heatsoak quite quickly, and reduce the power a bit. I'd just wind it up and rag on though tbh...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
its about keeping it efficient...
best to get a bigger turbo for the power you want and either go for a better intercooler or water spray on your top mount.. or water injection
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  K14 efficiency/ boost pressure question simonh 13 3,050 04-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Last Post: colzyxx
Exclamation needed urgent, standard turbo to tmic pipe! Mattcheese31 12 4,417 30-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  td04 outlet to tmic scottbmxer 9 2,471 25-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv