Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
As some of you know, I split with the misses.
But now she's found out what I've been up to recently she's not happy.
She saying if I stay round our mates she will smash up my car (there's a story to what happened there but not enough time)
But annoying thing is that she isn't giving me my money back.
Wouldn't mind a couple hundred.
But it's 1.5k :/ I got a loan out as her credit score is shit, bought her a nice car.

Loans in my name, log book is in hers. I need this money otherwise I'm going to be homeless. I'm already sleeping on sofas.
I don't know what to do, legally shes not tied to the loan atall Sad
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2012, 08:24 PM)Matt Wrote: As some of you know, I split with the misses.
But now she's found out what I've been up to recently she's not happy.
She saying if I stay round our mates she will smash up my car (there's a story to what happened there but not enough time)
But annoying thing is that she isn't giving me my money back.
Wouldn't mind a couple hundred.
But it's 1.5k :/ I got a loan out as her credit score is shit, bought her a nice car.

Loans in my name, log book is in hers. I need this money otherwise I'm going to be homeless. I'm already sleeping on sofas.
I don't know what to do, legally shes not tied to the loan atall Sad

Can you not talk to her parents at all? From how you describe it, doesn't seem like she is going to roll over and give it to you.
Thanks given by:
Check your phone Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
being there done that!!

12 years later im still awaiting the promised money!

well i say that, she did send me a cheque, but it bounced!
Thanks given by:
Got it Niall Wink

Her mum is my manager, but she is a very spoilt child so don't think it will help
Thanks given by:
Log book isn't a proof of ownership Wink

So either take the car back or smash f*ck out of it.
Thanks given by:
Take the car back you didn't lend her cash you bought a car for her it's there so take it
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would suggest you becareful here. First you need to prove you took the loan out to get the car for her.

You can't just take it as it will most likely reflect poorly on you. Secondly guys her mum his is boss. Now I know she can't sack you for this, but you might end up homeless and jobless if you take the wrong route here. There are plenty of ways to fire someone with out having to make it about her and you.
Thanks given by:
I have no contract hours either it's just cause she is nice too me.

I did say when they asked me that I was getting the loan for my girlfriends car. I wonder if they put that on system?
Thanks given by:
If her mum has any sense, she won't sack him. Matt could so easily get small claims involved and f*ck her over rotten. Unless of course he does something wrong.

Oh so your not actually employed? Matt come to ace tomorrow and we will have a chat/cuddle.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Aww I want a cuddle... Sad
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
It's not hard to sack or make someone redundant. How long have you worked there? And if he has not contracted hours then she does not need to offer him work.

Also of you can't prove the car was bought by you and is owned by you, she does not have to give anything back. Sorry. You got the loan not her.
Thanks given by:
I can't afford ace, literally as I'm gunna have to pay the loan back I'm toattally fiancilly f*cked, going to be in 2.5k of debt through credit cards overdrafts and this loan Sad
Thanks given by:
Mark not true. If he is self employed, fair enough. If he's employed, she can't sack him for no reason.
Also, you can very easily prove that you took that loan out for her. Hopefully it will never end up in a small claims court but even if Matt went and smashed a window and towed it away, even if she reported it as stolen to the police, it would be VERY easy to prove it was his car
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
How can he prove it?? Car is in her name, insurance is in her name. Unless he has a reciept with is name on it.

You will be surprised she could get rid of him with ease. Becareful Matt.
Thanks given by:
Logbook doesn't mean she owns it at all. Just means she's responsible for it. My work car log book is in the company name. They don't own it. Lease company does!
Courts will look through bank account history and see he has taken out a 2k loan and she has had a car registered in her name at about the same time.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Matt did you pay for the car by card or cheque or bank transfer cos if you did its proof you paid for it however not proof of ownership.

The only proof you would have as to you owning the car would be a receipt from the seller to you.

While the V5 is not proof of ownership it would add weight to her argument.

I wouldnt chase it too much with her mum cos at the end of the day if your hard up the last thing you can afford is to loose your job.

Ive gotta be honest from all the other posts it looks like your gonna be £1500 down. Its a tough way to learn a lesson but I know people who have done similar things and ended up down £25k

Maybe speak to the loan company and see if you can get a payment break or get them reduced and spread out. If your really stuck for a few months and need a deposit on a flat or a room see if your bank will add another few hundred to your overdraft limit.
Thanks given by:
Im hoping the bank took note of why I wanted the loan
Thanks given by:
As has previously been stated the logbook is not proof of ownership a receipt however is.
If she can prove you gave her the car as a gift I'm afraid you may find yourself out of pocket Sad
Do not do anything stupid like vandalism/removing the car but seek legal advice - the initial consultation is usually free.
Thanks given by:
I think the problem your going to have is shes going to say "he gave it to me as a present and told me it was mine to keep" and then its gonna have to be you that proves otherwise and sadly without something signed between her and you your stuffed mate.
Thanks given by:
The girl will always win.......guys are seen in a bad light whatever happens! Is say you've lost it tbh Matt, moral of the story, don't trust anyone with that amount of money!
Thanks given by:
Yea if you can't prove it with a reciept she can just say it was a present.

It's a painful lesson I am sorry to say mate.

Hope all goes well though mate.
Thanks given by:
Well I just laid it down that I'm the legal owner as its my money etc informed her that the log book is not proof of ownership and the bank has recorded that the money was for the car, and that if she didn't pay then it would be in my favour if we went to court.

Seems to be listening to reason
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear she is listening to reason.

Let's hope it stays that way. I get the feeling you don't have the prove you need.

Good luck though.
Thanks given by:
Really hope you sort this pal! I had the same sort of situation, granted alot less money but me and my ex had the same laptop hers fell apart and the hard drive went in mine so i made best of both and gave it to her then we broke up lol so i had to get a new one :/ yano life sucks.. you'll be ok bud this is what the forum is for Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Any updates on this bud, is she playing ball?
Thanks given by:
Tie the bitch up, gag her then write a note pretending to be her saying she's moving to japan and leaving you the car, job sorted
Thanks given by:
The best chance you've got is reasoning with her mate because you've next to no chance of proving you paid for the car. As for the loan, at the end of the day it's in your name and that's all the loan company will see. It's a hard lesson but that's life I'm afraid....

Shag all her mates Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 06:05 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Shag all her mates Wink

f*cking lol!!! +1
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 06:05 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Shag all her mates Wink

In the process.
We are barley on speaking terms as she found out about one of them haha.
Although we do have an agreement and we will see if she follows up with it on friday
Thanks given by: