gonna be getting a new bike in the next few days, opinions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gonna be getting a new bike in the next few days, opinions
been battering my benelli 491 rr since i passed my cbt and have had to take the engine apart 3 or 4 times in that time, its got a large water leak from the water pump that i have bodged many times now so i think its time to get rid of it. seen a peugeot elyseo 125cc and a 'zuki gx125. both are cheap at the moment the pug is on 4k km and the 'zuki is on 19 k miles. anyone had experience on any of these bikes and how reliable were they?
Thanks given by:
Dont bother with either mate. The zuki has a tendency to lunch its own head after not many more miles than that. Pug scooters are also gash. Get yourself a cg, ybf, cbx (125 honda and yammy) Or a hyosung comet 125 if your budget will stretch. Hyosungs ride really well and being v twins are a lot torquier than other 125's. they also sound relatively nice Smile
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
+1 for the Hyosung! I had a gt125r it was slower than the 2stroke 125's but its a much bigger more compfortable bike.. im a fairly big lad so it suited me down to the ground!
Thanks given by:
Do your full licence like im doing in a few months time and get an R1 lol thats what im doing Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
v twin 125 hmmmm.............
Thanks given by:
Sounds good for a 125 lol way more fun than those single cylinder 125's Wink
That was mine:
[Image: untitled.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This

Epic beast
Thanks given by:
Hyosung bikes are designed by a former suzuki designer hence the simular looks to suzuki bikes and iirc the engine is a suzuki copy all be it a scaled down version. Trouble is you can get "bad ones" as they are made cheap and sold at a high price for what they are.

If you want a v twin 125 look at a honda Varadero and try breaking a honda.....

Failing that get your bike test done and start off on 250's v twins
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Varedero's are good bikes, nice and strong. Ugly as fook though and the riding position is too upright imo Smile

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2012, 04:52 PM)Skank_army Wrote: Varedero's are good bikes, nice and strong. Ugly as fook though and the riding position is too upright imo Smile

Its more of a tourer than a sports bike hence the tall stance and upright position

Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221101151076?s...1438.l2649

Got this in the end. Same colour as my shitter bike. Gonna probably put an end can on it for some sound
Thanks given by:
Still fetching good money around 4k new! When I did look at the hyosung range I was tempted by the gtr but was swinging more to the comet for a naked street fighter bike

Thanks given by:
I'm hopefully going to take my CBT in a few weeks time and try and get me a bike somehow though to be honest I'm not too sure what I want...I love sports bikes but can't see the point in a slow sport bike so I've decided on a cruiser but which I haven't decided yet.

I am torn between the AJS Bobber 125 which is a full size bike and has an inline twin and with the right exhaust, on acceleration sounds not too far off of a harley!

The AJS:

[Image: 0.jpg]

Or the Suzuki VL125 Intruder which again full size bike but with a V twin and with the right exhaust sounds extremely close to a harley even on tickover!

[Image: suzuki_intruder_125.jpg]

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  days when it all hangs together Magenta Sunset 5 1,340 21-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  one of them days Stef205 6 1,590 23-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  the day of days is here daddyfixit 8 1,618 06-03-2015, 03:42 PM