Anyone Know This Car...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Know This Car...?
Aftermarket kits for cruise control are shite and nine are actually technically legal.
The 306 in other countries did come with it and I'm trying to find wiring diagrams at the moment to see how it works and what's needed.
And I am prepared to take a trip to a scrap yard in France somewhere if it means getting the bits!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If im right, the airbag bulbs have also been removed... look at the dash pic.. when at that stage of ignition shouldnt they come on below the EML light?
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 06:34 PM)Niall Wrote: Aftermarket kits for cruise control are shite and nine are actually technically legal.
The 306 in other countries did come with it and I'm trying to find wiring diagrams at the moment to see how it works and what's needed.
And I am prepared to take a trip to a scrap yard in France somewhere if it means getting the bits!

I cant find a 306 on ebay.fr with it!
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 06:46 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: If im right, the airbag bulbs have also been removed... look at the dash pic.. when at that stage of ignition shouldnt they come on below the EML light?

Only for a few seconds though. 3 on the 306 iirc so might have come on and gone off.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ha it probably been written off my hunch was right!!!!!

Thanks given by:
Do have a slight recollection of the cruise control system on the 306, there was a PDF from a while back that I remember looking at. The kit was quite complex, with the shut-off switch which obviously had to be wired into the brake pedal, then of course there was a mechanism to hold the throttle butterfly open too. Unlike a modern car with fly-by-wire throttle the cruise control on a 306 is rather a lot more complicated!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Well just looked and the non can bus 406 used a vacuum pump that the throttle cable traveled through then you have the clutch, brake pedal switch and the stalk and control unit under the dash. Looking at wiring diagrams, it's basically a stand alone system so depending on the pump, it could actually be quite possible to fit.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hdi is still fbw throttle throttle Chris, all common rails are. Hence being easy to cruise on them. Gonna be much more difficult on any other 306 though.

And cully, that's pretty much the exact email I sent him....yet he couldn't be arsed to reply!

Oh, not so difficult as I expected then tbh!
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 07:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hdi is still fbw throttle throttle Chris, all common rails are. Hence being easy to cruise on them. Gonna be much more difficult on any other 306 though.

And cully, that's pretty much the exact email I sent him....yet he couldn't be arsed to reply!

This. Toms right for a change.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The sellers name name rings a bell...
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by: