GI refurbed GTI6 brakes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI refurbed GTI6 brakes
Hi all, just gauging interest as I haven't actually rebuilt these yet.

After suffering a sticking slider pin i've taken the opportunity to replace and kind of upgrade to 302mm brakes. Once these are fitted i'll be selling the GTI6 brakes after refurbing them with a new slider pin replacing the seized one, new dust seals and new bleed nipples.

They're painted yellow at the moment but not very well.

Pads have plenty of life left, and discs are brand spanking new 283mm ones still in the box, bought yesterday. Thought I had a warped disc but turned out the caliper was binding.

The going rate for GTI6 calipers seems to be £70 or so, i'd be looking for £100 delivered for the calipers, discs and pads after being rebuilt, or £110 with the calipers painted any colour you want.

Let me know if there's any interest and if it'll be worth my while rebuilding them. Will probably end up on ebay for more than that.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very good price that mate, should have no bother shifting them. When you do the rebuild take a few pics and do a guide if you can mate, keen on doing this myself but never stripped a caliper before.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Will do. To be honest I don't know if there's a market for them these days?

Had them listed at £60 + postage a couple of years ago with then new discs and pads when I was considering HiSpecs and not one person showed any interest
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You on the '6 forum also?
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Glws bud good price!! have you rebuilt calipers before? Fooking pain in the arse getting the piston back in with the main dust cover I'll never do it again ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cyclones with PS3’s, Stage 1 ECU, Refurbed Brake Callipers MY95 0 1,110 27-05-2020, 11:36 AM
Last Post: MY95
  SOLD Gti6 Brakes - Full Setup RetroPug 0 920 21-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  FOR SALE: GTi6 brake upgrades + refurbed calipers Piggy 22 6,209 24-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Piggy