How Can I undo this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can I undo this?
Red circle nut! Ive soaked it in WD40, no luck, putting lots of force on it, only warps the plastic on the other side (which i've now done to both)

Ive tried putting needle nose pliers on the the funny flat (blue) part, but no luck!

Can anyone help/give any suggestions?

[Image: saaaaarb.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you tried a lot of shouting and swearing at it? I hear that works well
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 09:36 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Have you tried a lot of shouting and swearing at it? I hear that works well

Yes, mainly after I stabbed my self with some needle nosed pliers
Thanks given by:
Pair of mole grips on the end of the shaft and undo with a spanner, just enough to then get the grips on the flat bit
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dont have mole grips Sad I need more tools

Cutting the nut off with a hacksaw now
Thanks given by:
get up, unzip trousers, pull down boxers, lean back and then lunge forward and Dick smash it was the force of 1000 suns
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Try heating up the nut with a blowtorch, obviously being careful not to melt the plastic, then douse it in WD40, then more heat, and repeat till it frees off. If you try cutting the nut off, you will most likely ruin the thread on the stud.

(15-08-2012, 10:11 AM)declantg Wrote: get up, unzip trousers, pull down boxers, lean back and then lunge forward and Dick smash it was the force of 1000 suns

FLOL! Rofl

Repped.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 10:11 AM)Skank_army Wrote: Try heating up the nut with a blowtorch, obviously being careful not to melt the plastic, then douse it in WD40, then more heat, and repeat till it frees off. If you try cutting the nut off, you will most likely ruin the thread on the stud.

Its not a visible part at all (the nut and thread im trying to get off will be hidden behind the bumper.

New plan is a cheapo angle grinder. Been hacksawing for about 20 minutes and not even done half of it!!
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 10:17 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote:
(15-08-2012, 10:11 AM)Skank_army Wrote: Try heating up the nut with a blowtorch, obviously being careful not to melt the plastic, then douse it in WD40, then more heat, and repeat till it frees off. If you try cutting the nut off, you will most likely ruin the thread on the stud.

Its not a visible part at all (the nut and thread im trying to get off will be hidden behind the bumper.

New plan is a cheapo angle grinder. Been hacksawing for about 20 minutes and not even done half of it!!

Shit mate...... ummmm, bumper off? Confused
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 10:17 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: New plan is a cheapo angle grinder. Been hacksawing for about 20 minutes and not even done half of it!!

Erm.....try a new blade on the hacksaw lol.
Thanks given by:
Mtfu. Keep sawing.

Or get a new blade yours is obviously blunt
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 10:18 AM)Skank_army Wrote: Shit mate...... ummmm, bumper off? Confused

The foglights arent on the car yet, thankfully. The numpty who sold them to me no doubt just ripped them off

(15-08-2012, 10:32 AM)Matt Wrote: Mtfu. Keep sawing.

Or get a new blade yours is obviously blunt

I can find more uses for an angle grinder!
Thanks given by:
Fire.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: sledgehammer.jpg]
Thanks given by:
got a vice? if so use that to clamp the end of th thread

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Snap the plastic then glue it back together once youve removed the nut.
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 08:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Snap the plastic then glue it back together once youve removed the nut.

I ended up doing this accidentally afte grinding the nut away!

glued plastic is currently drying in my garage
Thanks given by: