rear shock nuts and bolts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear shock nuts and bolts
I have recently changed my rear shocks and used new nuts and bolts from peugeot.

I noticed that on my old nuts they had a nyloc nut

but on the new ones from peugeot they dont.

On the receipt it says that the nuts are 'slf locking' but i dont see how they can be if they dont have the nyloc part

Undecided

really confusing Confused
Thanks given by:
You can get steel locking nuts, the threads are deformed slightly, you should be able to feel the drag from the locking element when you wind the nut on the thread.
Thanks given by:
^^this^^

wouldnt hurt to use a bit of threadlock too
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 07:05 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: You can get steel locking nuts, the threads are deformed slightly, you should be able to feel the drag from the locking element when you wind the nut on the thread.

You learn something new everyday!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
On the steel locking nuts they have two cut outs at the top don't they?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Depends, there's many different types, some are just slightly oval at the top, some have the 2 cutouts, some have the entire thread slightly triangular instead of round, some have fancy thread forms, etc.
Thanks given by:
As in steel locking nuts do you mean there is no need for the nyloc part on the nut?

when replacing them in the future will i have to get just new nuts or all the bolts aswell?

I did feel the nut being quite tight to when i was starting them onto the bolts
Thanks given by:
Yeah, no need for the nyloc bit, they are reusable a few times the steel ones without replacing them.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear shock bushes Tidoh2016 2 1,356 12-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Snapped koni rear shock absorber, junk or fixable? Spoonaltap 5 2,070 21-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Spoonaltap
  Whats the difference with these shock kits? JTaylor2005 8 2,080 04-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005