Oil and engine management light come on when I put my foot down ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil and engine management light come on when I put my foot down ??
Basically was giving the car a good boot and boom power cut out stop light, EML, and oil light turned it off and on again and it's just EML but it stinks of diesel and oil out the exhaust of I boot it it happens again does anyone know what can cause this or should I just get it on the diagnostic ?? Any help would be much appreciated :-)
Thanks given by:
Diagnostics would help, but i'd immediately be looking at your lift pump since that was being a problem before. Without running live diagnostics i'd just expect it to bring up the usual P0230 fault code. Where are you based?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Plymouth area it's very irritating as the car was driving amazingly then felt like I'd hit something and no power :-(
Thanks given by:
oil light? is there any oil in the engine ?
Thanks given by:
Yeah oil is fine :-( when the car initially jolts like I've hit something the stop light comes on the battery light and the oil and EML if I turn the car off if it hasn't already stalled and turn it back on its just the EML that stays on untill I put my foot down hard then boom it happens again not quite sure what's causing it but it stinks out the back since it happend
Thanks given by:
Ok just started it runs very very lumpy and plooms of white smoke on start up and drives very very rough :-( turbo ?? Some sort of oil seal ?? This is bumming me out big time :-(
Thanks given by:
I had the oil light and stop light come on and the car cut out a few times on my 6 but that was because the hg had gone and it was dumping all the oil into the rad Confused
Thanks given by:
check your alternator charging rate, something like this happened on my 206 turned out that the tensioner had seized in the block so after a short amount of time the belt would stretch and it would slip, due to your system being electrical its a pita!
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Ah if youve got loads of white smoke thats probably your turbo seals. :/
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You're gunna want to punch me in the man bits for this but I looked at the receipt from fuel station and I stuck 45 quids worth of petrol on it lol I've been driving my st for the last week so got into habbit :-( got it home drove abit better so now I'm gunna siphon it and hope it hasn't knackered the engine :-(
Thanks given by:
oww check out my post in the guide section for easy syphoning Wink
once youve got it all out you might want to change the fuel filter too

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-2496.html
Thanks given by:
Ok so siphoned the fuel noticed a lot of little shreds of metal at ye bottom of the tank so cleaned as much out as poss refilled with diesel new filter still ran badly then an almighty clunk and boom high pressure fuel pump exploded all injectors trashed :-( the car is a wreck took it all off and there are little shards of metal everywhere :-( dunno where the fook they came from Sad but the car is now on the drive awaiting new pumps injectors and fuel tank :-( today is a sad day :-(
Thanks given by:
Holy fook, sounds like you did that properly. I wonder what exactly's happened there...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's rattled ever sinse I bought it of my
Mate and I assume it was injectors per ignition or turbo bearings as it seems it was the pump chewing up bits if metal :-( I've done the fuel tank and the pump
In the back ordered a HP fuel pump 48 quid XD and seen some second hand injectors for 60 for all 4 so may indulge and see if he will start and run ok although I got a feeling itl still decide to cut out :-( with petrol still in the system
Thanks given by:
All these engines rattle with anything other than sub-10k injectors, shouldn't think that'd be related. Why don't you flush the system before running it again...?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
How do I do that ??
Thanks given by:
Erm, pump clean diesel through it... Same as you'd flush anything else - pump through something that's meant to be in there, rather than what shouldn't, eg petrol lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That's ok I've drained the tank as best I can so I'll get On that !!
Thanks given by:
diesel hp pump probably eat itself as it needs the diesel to lubricate itself,
this was one of the problems that arised when people started to run homebrew bio and or veg through the HDI .
HP pumps used to seize and throw the cambelts bashing the valves into the head

lets hope you can save it
but you maybe looking for another engine
Thanks given by:
Yeah the HP pump was full of what I can only describe as metal sand :-( ill see if itl start tomoz when I get back from work but tbh it may just be cheaper instead of replacing bits to get a new engine !!
Thanks given by:
Almost certainly bud, it's gone in a big way by the sounds of it. Will keep my fingers crossed for you though.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'd do as other's have already suggested, find a lower mileage engine to put in.......stick a new cam belt and water pump on before you fit it to make life easier.........maybe even a new clutch if you can afford it too?
Thanks given by:
Yeah Ill start saving the pennies nxt payday :-) new engine I think
Thanks given by:
What a shitter, didn't realise putting petrol in these things could destroy them so badly
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
It probably wouldn't have if he'd not driven it so much/so hard after not realising. If you didn't run it long then it might have been a different scenario.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
It went boom literally 1 minute atfter filling it up pulled out of station onto straight road put my foot down and bang :-( sad face time
Thanks given by:
Fuel tank empty new HP fuel pump soon to be new injectors then refill and see how he runs :-)
Thanks given by:
Good luck!
Thanks given by:
Ok people car starts ok still abit stinky out of the back but eml is still on and I don't wanna drive it to a garage to check what sort of equipment do I need to read the code as all the ones on eBay that are for sale say 2004 onwards for diesel ???
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine light always on and had slight run-on CaptainHair 0 951 02-07-2020, 08:54 PM
Last Post: CaptainHair
  Engine management light came on ,, 306 hdi barnesy213 10 4,120 25-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Engine Management Light Is On Josh1994 1 1,218 05-07-2015, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Poodle