Gti mani and cat on the xsi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti mani and cat on the xsi
Dear god, what a pain in the arse. Massive, massive thanks to samass for all his help and time (circa 12 hours!!) Dude, I owe you big time. Most of the pain was caused getting the original system out, the only way to do it is to separate the cat from the manifold, unfortunately the 10mm retaining nuts had rusted to oblivion, but held on to the bitter end despite some serious brute force from Sam and I. The only way to get the Gti mani in is to drop the sub frame and steering rack. Now its all in and fitted nicely, I'm going to have to get hold of various hoses and heatshields to make sure nothing gets burnt. Ideally, heatwrapping the mani would have been the way forward, I couldn't get hold of any heat wrap in time though Sad anyway, it now sounds more epic and it feels like its breathing a lot better, picks up a little quicker, and has a little more grunt Smile worth the smashed knuckles, punching myself in the face getting the lambda sensor out, and the massive burn on my hand lol. If anyone has any questions, or wants a hand doing it at some point, now I know how its done, give us a shout Smile

Ta
Sam
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
Nice work lads Big Grin
I think you will need the 6 heat shield and the 6 matrix hoses im sure i have forgot sumin tho.
And you have defo got no chance of heat wraping that mani now. I wraped mine today and it was bad enuff off the car Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2012, 09:15 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: Nice work lads Big Grin
I think you will need the 6 heat shield and the 6 matrix hoses im sure i have forgot sumin tho.
And you have defo got no chance of heat wraping that mani now. I wraped mine today and it was bad enuff off the car Big Grin

Cheers buddy Smile yeah its pretty tight in there now (giggity) I'm thinking about taking it out again to wrap it lol. All in good time though Smile

Thanks given by:
If you do wrap it make sure you get 15 - 20 metres of wrap. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
holy titty f*cking aids, what a trauma it was!!

totally worth, gunna do mine at some point in the future, once ive recovered lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Good stuff, glad to see you got it fitted!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2012, 09:48 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: If you do wrap it make sure you get 15 - 20 metres of wrap. Big Grin

(13-08-2012, 12:41 AM)Matt Wrote: Good stuff, glad to see you got it fitted!

Cheers guys, I was looking at 30m of Thermal velocity wrap, that will be enough to do a nice job right? What kind of gains would I be looking at now? It feels a little more eager to pull through the rev range, the mid range feels most noticeable. Smile

(13-08-2012, 12:12 AM)samass Wrote: holy titty f*cking aids, what a trauma it was!!

totally worth, gunna do mine at some point in the future, once ive recovered lol

Give us a shout when you do matey, ill definitely come and give you a hand Smile

Thanks given by:
I threw a heatwrapped GTi6 manifold in the skip last weekend if that helps? Probably not! Nobody wanted it at the time...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
If you still have it, samass might be interested?

Thanks given by:
Anyone know of any heatshields/hoses knocking about? Ill be needing em Smile

Thanks given by: