TD04 Progress

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TD04 Progress
right well been working on the derv today and made some progress in the limited time i had got manifold back today of me mate whos done a great job of adapting it and welded wastegate shut too

[Image: 20120811_124530.jpg]

[Image: 20120811_124550.jpg]

realigned cartridge to drop oil return downwards and inlet housing in correct direction

[Image: 20120811_141744.jpg]

compared to a K14

[Image: 20120811_152611.jpg]

making room for the bigger lump had to do a bit of smashing to get her in and still only 5mm gap should be ok i think :S will have powerflex mount on and top mount is chocked

[Image: 20120811_155818.jpg]

In situe off the mount...

[Image: 20120811_162333.jpg]

more to come Smile

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So cool Wink
Thanks given by:
Looks a very good install that. You will love it when it's on, standard turbos just aren't the same Itwasntme
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
gonna be more blowing than a hooker on that when its finished!!
Thanks given by:
Nice work but really dont get this wg welding on here?? Why limit fuel/flow after goin to the bother of a big turbo?
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2012, 11:15 PM)con67 Wrote: Nice work but really dont get this wg welding on here?? Why limit fuel/flow after goin to the bother of a big turbo?

This
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Cheers for comments guys cant wat to get oil line monday and get ut fitted lol

Im just running welded wg as there isnt enought room for the actuator to fit in situe and ive always had wg creep on previous turbos and from speaking to a fair few people on here theyve recommended it, but mainly not having the room

Would welding wastegate really limit fuel/flow though? And to be fair wasnt much effort this turbo stands me at 47quid of ebay and mate didnt charge me for adaptors but hes got the design saved so we may start making the plates to order for people too Smile
Thanks given by:
Looking really good mate not a lash up either. I'm very intersted in the templates Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
plates sound very cool . . . . . ..want . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Hes saved the design on the computer as they are cut on the machine Smile but i did mention it to him that people would be interested so hes saved it il try find out how much he wants, will let you all know though Big Grin

The templates really impressed me as the exhaust elbow has 2 cutouts for wastegate and turbine and the plates are laser cut to suit too not that its needed when running welded wg but looks the part Smile
Thanks given by:
So got a little wet finishing the turbo off on sunday lol
But re-routed air filter quite a tidy location i think for temporary basis until new hoses arrive
going to change the standard turbo pie that bends under the manifold as its very restrictive ive been told so will be getting some 90s and running it over the top in a few weeks (payday) Smile

[Image: 20120812_160335.jpg]

not too bad for now getting a full new hose setup on payday Smile
Thanks given by:
Great work fella ! Need mine back on the road soon !
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
This really makes me want to sort out my bigger tubby...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2012, 09:38 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: This really makes me want to sort out my bigger tubby...

Do it!! you know it makes sense, put it this way i picked a TD04 up for £40 off ebay so with adaptors stands me at £105 bargain Smile

Right if anyone wants a set of these i have a thread just started to see how many i need to get made

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5510.html

Cheers CJ
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2012, 10:07 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Do it!! you know it makes sense, put it this way i picked a TD04 up for £40 off ebay so with adaptors stands me at £105 bargain Smile

Right if anyone wants a set of these i have a thread just started to see how many i need to get made

Cheers CJ

Looks mint mate! As for a £105 bolt on TD04, I beg to differ:

£40-60 + Delivery - TD04 Turbo (eBay)
£65 - Adapter Plates (your price)
£10-40 - T2 Manifold & Downpipe (Scrappy, eBay, Member)
£20-£40 - Custom oil line

And that's providing you do fitment yourself.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2012, 10:48 AM)silverzx Wrote:
(13-08-2012, 10:07 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Do it!! you know it makes sense, put it this way i picked a TD04 up for £40 off ebay so with adaptors stands me at £105 bargain Smile

Cheers CJ

Looks mint mate! As for a £105 bolt on TD04, I beg to differ:

£40-60 + Delivery - TD04 Turbo (eBay)
£65 - Adapter Plates (your price)
£10-40 - T2 Manifold & Downpipe (Scrappy, eBay, Member)
£20-£40 - Custom oil line

And that's providing you do fitment yourself.

to be fair still a reasonable all in price for bolt on application compared to some prices of turbos on their own Smile

i was surprised how good it actually looks looks a monster sat behind the block lol, picking oil line up for £30 at 4 so should be running tonight not gona stop till shes running and only have oil feed and then manifold adaptor once ive blown most of oil out of intercooler after turbo blow lol

(13-08-2012, 09:09 AM)Jake Wrote: Great work fella ! Need mine back on the road soon !

Cheers pal, what you got to do to get it back now??
Thanks given by:
Needs the clutch putting back in.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2012, 03:28 PM)Jake Wrote: Needs the clutch putting back in.

Get it done then!!! haha

Just took the beast for first run absolutely no smoke on boost poured white out for a good few miles from last turbo blowing but runs a treat only problem is my mate welded wastegate arm rather than cap on inside and it kinda blew the arm open at 28psi well i think it has anyway it seems to drop total boost at around 22 now at 3k and makes a quick phew when it does so can only think wastegate opening. going to make a adjustable rod to hold the wastegate closed as cba stripping it all down again but shes finally running and god does she pull and sounds awesome cant wait to hold boost over 3k gonna be emmense

Why didnt i put this on agessss agooo!!!!

This is CJ btw Mrs was logged in on my laptop haha
Thanks given by:
Someone just came in their panties! Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
well other than the wastegate flying open at high boost i love it and so does the mrs Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2012, 08:28 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: So got a little wet finishing the turbo off on sunday lol
But re-routed air filter quite a tidy location i think for temporary basis until new hoses arrive
going to change the standard turbo pie that bends under the manifold as its very restrictive ive been told so will be getting some 90s and running it over the top in a few weeks (payday) Smile

It's all looking well, you'll love the td04!

Just looking closely at all your air pipes etc as it's something I've to do! What pipes have you used for everything, the filter, and those nice pipes for the fmic. Looking at doing something similar myself, something OEMish looking!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2012, 09:15 PM)Harky Wrote:
(13-08-2012, 08:28 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: So got a little wet finishing the turbo off on sunday lol

It's all looking well, you'll love the td04!

Just looking closely at all your air pipes etc as it's something I've to do! What pipes have you used for everything, the filter, and those nice pipes for the fmic. Looking at doing something similar myself, something OEMish looking!

Hi mate cheers its gettin there, i love the td04 its something totally different Smile
To be honest i bought the car with all this pipework im pretty imoressed with the long silicone pipework its pretty strong and looks oem but not got a clue where its from tbh il be replacing it one day soon, definitly changing the wierd pipe from turbo that usually connects to top mount as this is very restrictive i believe, and getting some red elbows to bring it round the back of manifold and new red hoses on intercooler but not sure of a route as yet lol

Not the air intake was a bit if a bodge but seems to work wekk its a 90 silicone elbow that fits the turbo intake and goes to a plastic boost pipe off a citroen hdi engine cut in half with a rubber collar then piece of stainless pipe, then i just used standard air intake but cut the elbow off the end so its straight just before flexi, removed the bracket over engine moubt for room and ran it there seems to tuck into the gap between cam cover and chasis perfectly Smile
Thanks given by:
CJ - come over one night and we will mod your mani so you can run your boost pipes like mine... That adapter at the top has gotta be so restrictive!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 01:05 PM)jammapic Wrote: CJ - come over one night and we will mod your mani so you can run your boost pipes like mine... That adapter at the top has gotta be so restrictive!

JP

Yeah defo pal, just let me know whenever your free bud and will see if am free to pop up for a brew and some modding, and show you the new ride Smile

I need to get some silicon elbows to run boost pipe from turbo behind and over manifold as that is very restrictive too Smile that will happen payday Smile
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2012, 05:48 PM)Jadey lou x Wrote:

Get it done then!!! haha

Just took the beast for first run absolutely no smoke on boost poured white out for a good few miles from last turbo blowing but runs a treat only problem is my mate welded wastegate arm rather than cap on inside and it kinda blew the arm open at 28psi well i think it has anyway it seems to drop total boost at around 22 now at 3k and makes a quick phew when it does so can only think wastegate opening. going to make a adjustable rod to hold the wastegate closed as cba stripping it all down again but shes finally running and god does she pull and sounds awesome cant wait to hold boost over 3k gonna be emmense

For a sec I was totally blown away, was like wow this girl really knows her stuff!! Then read the notion and realised it was cj lol.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2012, 08:38 AM)Matt Wrote:
(13-08-2012, 05:48 PM)Jadey lou x Wrote:

Get it done then!!! haha

For a sec I was totally blown away, was like wow this girl really knows her stuff!! Then read the notion and realised it was cj lol.

Haha bet you were mate, To be honest she wants a 306 derv and has took a keen interest into them im teaching her bit by bit and she loves it Smile

Will have her working and tuning her very own 306 dturbo when we find one for her Smile

Just got to make sure i keep ahead of her with the mods cant haev her whooping my ass in the derv haha

Just a bit of an update, we are finally running well currently de-filtered as havent any hoses to adapt air filter to fit.

Currently peaking between 22/24 psi but going to have a tune of the lda setup this week and then maybe go for a bit more boost Smile
Thanks given by:
Hahah that would be epic. Nice bit of boost. Think we need videos soon......
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2012, 09:09 AM)Matt Wrote: Hahah that would be epic. Nice bit of boost. Think we need videos soon......

I actually cant wait to find one for her shes got loads of plans body and interior wise already and then with my help get her boosting the oldskool like us too Smile shes going on my insurance soon too so she will be used to the power, she gets the back end of her punto out on her way to work at the mo, cracking lil driver lol
Thanks given by:
Forgot to ask before, what gaskets are you using for the adapter plates?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
ive just used high temperature black gasket sealant and its done the job no leaks i use it on the rocker and also the inlet adaptor in place of the D-seal and it holds well never had a problem with it
Thanks given by: