Shitty LED bulbs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shitty LED bulbs
Bought some LED bulbs for the 306 to brighten it up and 'modernise' it a bit, I've done this with all my cars because it's cheap and looks good.

As the courtesy lights are angled side-on in the 306 I thought I'd get some 'concave' bulbs as they supposedly spread the light 180 degrees.

This is the email I've sent to the seller just now -

eBay message Wrote:Hi,

I've bought many items from your eBay shop in the past but this latest purchase was quite disappointing. The LEDs are described as 'Xenon Super White' however once installed in my car they were incredibly dull, in fact the standard halogen bulbs were much brighter. I'd even go to say that I've seen brighter cigarette butts burning than these LED bulbs. I've removed them from the car and put the standard ones back in, you might want to investigate the product!

Regards,

Chris.

Not expecting a refund or owt (I think I only paid £1.98!) but just thought I'd troll the eBay seller for my wasted pennies...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Get some SMD ones from ebay, i got some for about £5 and theyre well bright. Interior lights are so bright.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130693982695?s...1497.l2649

Found them for you. Ibought them for side lights, the first pair they sent out one of the smd's wasnt working so was a different colour, i told them and they sent out a new pack!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've gone and bought some similar to that now, which is what I had in my Celica.

Just annoying that there's so much cheap crap on eBay which is wrongly described.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
I bought these ones very happy for 99p (had to wait like about 10days to come) also used same bulbs for number plate lights and they easily light the floor up behind me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150823314708#ht_4544wt_1271

fairly bight
[Image: 306new33.jpg]

Thanks given by:
The problem with most cheapo LED bulbs is that they last a few weeks before popping or flickering Sad
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well the seller replied. Sounds like they speak perfect English -

eBay Seller AT 03:58 IN THE MORNING! Wrote:Dear customer,
So sorry to be told that.
We?ve sold it a lot everyday, we hardly hear this kind of problem.
Maybe the quality control staff haven?t rejected faulty item completely.
We are so sorry about that .
In this situation,what about a partial refund 1 GBP to show our sincerity and for a long-term good relationship?
Looking forward to hear from you soon!
Best wishes,
gaia

So I can get a quid back out of it! May as well I suppose!
Thanks given by:
And a long term friendship!!
Thanks given by:
Or.. they could replace their faulty items? just a thought.. lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah well I told them I'd gladly accept the £1 refund haha!
Thanks given by:
A quids a quid!

In fairness, £1 or having a SHIT review... Ebay is most DEFINITELY a buyers market!!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
TBH with things like this on Ebay its very hit and miss, And i have sort of accepted now that when buying on Ebay you are taking this risk and for the sake of £2 like you spent its worth the risk 90% of the time and its delivered to your door and its cheaper than buying instore,

So you its part of the risk of buy cheap goods on the bay

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
i got these of amazon, they look really good!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So you think you had a shitty day? Midnightclub 7 1,416 25-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Jonny b