hot coolant when I drove slowly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hot coolant when I drove slowly
since I've had the car it seems to get pretty hot when I'm not moving over 40 most of the time isn't a problem but theres obviously something wrong.

if I beat the shit out of it the coolant stays at around 80ish only gets hot when stationary or slow moving.

engines all been serviced apart from coolant change, next on my list but unsure why its getting hot like this, any ideas?
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
No cooling from the air I would guess, if your going slowly your not getting much cooling at all
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Gti engines run a lot hotter Joe, mine goes above 90 before the fans kick in whenever I'm in slow moving or stationary traffic

I wouldn't worry tbh bud Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
My Xud is like this, happens to every 306 iv had
Thanks given by:
What Ed said, I shit myself the first time I got stuck in traffic after having the HDi as it went up to 107 or whatever it is before high speed fans came on.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Dont drive slowly Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 10:19 PM)Matt Wrote: Dont drive slowly Tongue
this is what I try to do, but the other day had to pick some friends up from a gig and sat in the traffic it quickly went up to 110 ish seems to alweays happen when ever I'm not moving very much, if its normal sweet though, thrash on!
Thanks given by:
Just leave the fans on constantly mate, keeps it sitting at 80 on the water and 90 on the oil constantly no matter whether you're hooning or driving normally
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How do I do that?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a water pump problem to me mate, like the pump can't circulate the water at low revs. Has it been replaced any time recently do you know?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
All gti6s do that... soon as you slow down, water temp goes up, mine sits at 80 when moving but like 105 in traffic... Every gti6 I've been in does it...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
after speaking to everyone today seems pretty normal, just not used to petrol ownership yet! think it was the longest outing I've had in the 6 since owning it
Thanks given by:
Yep gtis are silly hot. Mine regularly gets that hot. I'm looking into a way at the mo of making a slight modification to bring the fans in earlier. Problem with having the fans on constantly is they can run too cold (on a motorway, mine runs at 65. They should run at 90) and anyone who's done it knows the horrible vibrations you can get from the fans on idle.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: