Clutch problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch problem
As some of you know I've had a new gearbox on and kept my old clutch as it had only been on 6months.

I'm now experiencing a vibration in the pedal and the biting point of the clutch is very low. Could this be due to the clutch cable? I'm also having trouble engaging gear aswell, but this doesn't always happen.

Any ideas as to what's wrong? I've got a mechanic coming Tuesday to have a look at it aswell.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the clutch is dead..

Could be the cable, does the peddle return all the way up?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 03:17 PM)Jake Wrote: Sounds like the clutch is dead..

Could be the cable, does the peddle return all the way up?

Yeh clutch comes all the way back up. I just hope it's the cable as I really don't fancy taking the box off again! lol
Thanks given by:
clutch judder;
1. caused by oil leaking onto the clutchplate/flywheel
2. or centre plate distorted ---caused by the gearbox hanging on the clutch plate as you try to get the box in.
3. clutch cover drive strap broken

bad news is that all of these need the box taking back out again, and a new clutch kit fitting (after sorting out if it had an oil leak)
Thanks given by:
Its the clutch release bearing that's buggerd. Need a new one now!

Can anyone reccomend a decent clutch kit? And this may sound daft but is it ok to re-use the gear box oil I've just put in?
Thanks given by:
Valeo clutch & use new gearbox oil if you can. Smile
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 04:24 PM)Jake Wrote: Valeo clutch & use new gearbox oil if you can. Smile

Had a valeo before so might get another I was hoping to get a black diamond clutch but don't think I'll be able to afford it.

Looks like new oil is the best lol that'll be 8 litres Ive gone through now lol! The box has been on and off that many times! Lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah the amount of times i have had to replace gearbox oil in the 306's I have owned is stupid !
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I think that all the clutches come with the release bearing built into them so you have to buy the whole thing, I had the same thing as you had.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Yep they do, I've just purchased a valeo clutch. Just gotta order a new clutch cable and gearbox oil now.
Thanks given by:
How did the release bearing fail after 6 months on brand new valeo clutch...

Are you sure your cable was adjusting correctly before? IE not pulling on the bearing all the time...

Is it making a grinding noise with foot off the clutch in neutral now? If not id be suprised if the bearings gone....remove clutch cable, refit, and flicck pedal from floor twice, and try again...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
you can buy release bearing seperatly, i did for my 206 cost £12 from my local motor factor, wish i didnt though, i exploded my pressure plate less than a month later Tongue and ended up fitting a whole clutch again Sad
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 07:31 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: How did the release bearing fail after 6 months on brand new valeo clutch...

Are you sure your cable was adjusting correctly before? IE not pulling on the bearing all the time...

Is it making a grinding noise with foot off the clutch in neutral now? If not id be suprised if the bearings gone....remove clutch cable, refit, and flicck pedal from floor twice, and try again...

I'm not sure why it failed but it has. U can hear the grinding noise with foot off clutch in neutral. The cable is fine.
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 04:45 PM)MarkTD Wrote:
(15-08-2012, 07:31 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: How did the release bearing fail after 6 months on brand new valeo clutch...

I'm not sure why it failed but it has. U can hear the grinding noise with foot off clutch in neutral. The cable is fine.

So what was the problem?
thanks!
Thanks given by:
Mangler, if you click on MarkTD's profile you'll see he last visited the site in 2015 so I think it's safe to say he's no longer an active member!!!
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2018, 07:40 AM)mangler Wrote:
(15-08-2012, 04:45 PM)MarkTD Wrote:

So what was the problem?
thanks!

post from 2012!! my were all so grown up  Rofl
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clutch 'problem' carlukepeugeot 1 1,246 26-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: ADV_93
  clutch gearbox problem help!!! jonny1.6 35 5,036 05-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Last Post: jonny1.6