TD04 HP Oil feed???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TD04 HP Oil feed???
Morning Guys and Girlies,

Just wondering if any of the TD04 people can help, i need the thread sizes for each end of the oil feed and how long i need it making as running behind on fabbing and havent got turbo to hand to get sizes of required hose.

If i have sizes i can order my hose and collect friday and then have turbo fitted this weekend Big Grin

Hopefully someone can help me out

Cheers

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fitting is M10x1.5 and if its mounted down back, make it about 1.5 feet long. The other end is a funny fitting so just use the end of a stock pipe with union on it.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2012, 08:29 AM)Dave Wrote: Fitting is M10x1.5 and if its mounted down back, make it about 1.5 feet long. The other end is a funny fitting so just use the end of a stock pipe with union on it.

Cheers Dave i just need to get the size of the (funny fitting) stock bit to get a fresh pipe made up and can order

as difficult not having car to pop to the place on my dinner as mrs back in work and using her car and peddle power would take too long to get where the hydraulic place is haha

Just found a place in Rochdale that will make ti for about £20 which sounds fair enough he just told me to take the turbo and the old hose and then can make it up for me Smile)

He did say if i could find the thread size and pitch into the block he could have it ready for me

CJ
Thanks given by:
Sounds good matey yeh, I took the block thread to my hydro place and they just thought it was easier to attach a piece of steel braided to it rather than sourcing another identical thread. £20 sounds about right, you could expect to pay a little more with other fittings so that's quite cheap. Could maybe get it made up to about a metre long, and then use the hose for any other turbos that you put on, rather than having to have a new line made up every time, only if you swap blowers regular though :p
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2012, 09:04 AM)Dave Wrote: Sounds good matey yeh, I took the block thread to my hydro place and they just thought it was easier to attach a piece of steel braided to it rather than sourcing another identical thread. £20 sounds about right, you could expect to pay a little more with other fittings so that's quite cheap. Could maybe get it made up to about a metre long, and then use the hose for any other turbos that you put on, rather than having to have a new line made up every time, only if you swap blowers regular though :p

Yeah i thought this was pretty reasonable im going to take the hose with me anyway as chances are he will make it up there and then id rather just get the correct size for now, then when it comes to it get a bigger one if i ever move the turbo, but for now i want to keep it on the back of block Smile

Just looking forward to getting the car back on the road now been over a week and missed taking it to USC for a run but will be worth the wait, then all the fun starts again setting the pump up to suit turbo max fuelling screw is getting turned right down as not risking blowing this one Smile
Thanks given by:
lol yeh, watch your boost on that machine with the td04 lol, pretty easy to kill them will too much boost/advance/fuelling
Thanks given by:
When you say machine you mean engine dave? if it is i know what you mean as i dont really know the history of the engine, i know it was bodged all over ive done cambelt and a good engine flush and service and sorted all oil leaks but running stock oil pump spring and stock internals atm, but other than all that she purrs lovely just hope nothing has gone into engine when turbo went but tbh it ran home just chucking buckets of white smoke out and drinking oil lol

Wondering where an EGT sensor should be fitted as may get one of these and poss get the mani tapped until i get one or could it be tapped into exhaust what you think? and would you know the tapping size for the probe?

Im only looking at running 26psi roughly as i think that wil be safe until i have a forged and rebuilt engine
Thanks given by:
Yeh I mean engine Wink

I wouldnt worry about oil spring, that really only affects oil pressure at high rpm, and will kill things with too much oil pressure while your oils cold. Ive always ran stock and never had an issue with even high rpms'. Hopefully its not hydro'd the engine with the oil, but if it was just low rpm, should be ok pootling it back. Put your EGT probe before the turbo, not in your exhaust. The thread is 1/8 NTP, with 26psi you should be ok on a stock engine anyway... what pump?
Thanks given by:
Cheers pal will get him to tap it and get him to make a plug at same time so can just fit when i get it rather than remove and tap lol

Im currently running a 9mm bosch gov modded with harsh laser cut LDA pin, but also have a spare pump which is in pieces atm and all the 11mm bits but swaying more to staying with the 9mm and terrano DVS's as mentioned on here and few internal mods im weiughing up atm as havent much knowledge on the bosch but i soak things like this up pretty quick and picking peoples brains should eventually get a really strong high delivery 9mm bosch not keen on 11mm too much smoke lol
Thanks given by:
Good man stick with the 9mm, in my experience this has been much safer on the engine too... I dont know why/how i've just never killed an engine with a 9mm, and never noticed any detrimental effects... I guess thats cos I just wack the boost up with 11mm :p but yeh on 9mm you will need some good LDA mods, and also your pump will advance properly, my 9mm's always seemed to have a more progressive rev and would rev very well past 6k, all be it with less fuel than 11mm, but seemed to like being there better. 9mm and big turbo seems very safe and would keep going forever.
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2012, 01:58 PM)Dave Wrote: Good man stick with the 9mm, in my experience this has been much safer on the engine too... I dont know why/how i've just never killed an engine with a 9mm, and never noticed any detrimental effects... I guess thats cos I just wack the boost up with 11mm :p but yeh on 9mm you will need some good LDA mods, and also your pump will advance properly, my 9mm's always seemed to have a more progressive rev and would rev very well past 6k, all be it with less fuel than 11mm, but seemed to like being there better. 9mm and big turbo seems very safe and would keep going forever.

exactly what im thinking as i want to run good power and stuff but also keep it pretty reliable untill i have funds to build a monster of a block Smile
the LDA is similar if not same as jamma's but i think i need to look at tweaking the spring etc in the head and change the max fuel screw as its very stiff... do u no if they just unscrew and screw new one in??

think im just going to sell the 11mm pump and rework my spare bosch and look into more internal mods etc but tis just finding time to get stuck into reading loads of threads and websites but thats where the forums come in handy sometimes as the info is there but theres a lot of trade secrets which people dont give away lol but they are slowly coming out and are very useful Smile
Thanks given by:
Get a scrap pump and gut it out. And then re-assemble it. Theres a guide on the net showing reassembly very clearly. Seriously, the pump is no way near as complicated as some people make it out to be. You can fully appreciate how they work this way. Areas to modify will also become more apparent. These 'trade secrets' aren't really secret if you open the pump Smile
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Cheers n0v0s this is my plan tbh just trying to find the time lol but when you say areas to modify come apparent id need to combine this with pump research i suppose Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah you need some sort of basic knowledge as to what different parts of the pump do before you go opening the pump otherwise it would be somewhat pointless. BUT having said that, you could figure some of the stuff out by just opening it and using a bit of common sense. There is a bosch ve pump manual on the net. I had it on my laptop before it died... but if you have a quick search i'm sure you could get hold of it. Most diagrams of the pump internals on the net are from that manual. It tells you EVERYTHING. Enjoy Smile

Niv
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Nice one buddy!! Smile will get searching ive found the rebuild site with pics tels you strip down is reverse obv but will search for this manual as sounds interesting i learnt a lot about the cav pump when i had one on so should pick it up fair easy as understand the basics

Cheers again pal
Thanks given by:
http://gnarlodious.com/vanagon/bosch_pump/-Rebuild
Thanks given by:
Everything becomes fairly obvious when you open up the pump...

You've just got to remember the tolerances inside, that's all... The only way anyone has really learnt about them is the Bosch manual and ripping them apart.

Just always think about the main ways that affect how much fuel goes in and when and how you can affect them in the way you want.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Although not identical I found the Cummin Bosch guide very useful in starting to understand how these pumps operate.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Well went on tht link and the manual is up on there and even in the first few pages ive learnt thing i never knew and its a really in depth description of how the pump works going to be an interesting read and then got a spare pump which im going to strip right down and rebuild so can have a good look at how these things work and then see where i can go from there Smile opens your eyes when you actually see how simple the thing is its just getting my head around it and working out these tolerances out without braking something lol
Thanks given by:
right so we have progress got manifold back today and got to say hes done an ace job

[Image: 20120811_124550.jpg]

[Image: 20120811_124530.jpg]

angled up and gasket sealed

[Image: 20120811_141744.jpg]

spot the difference Smile

[Image: 20120811_141859.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GT2052V & TD04 Oil Feed Thread silverzx 7 2,827 18-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Tom