Rac

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rac
So it's been a fun evening! I broke down in Sheffield joing onto parkway dual carriage way lol

So here's how it all happend!

Picked up clutch pin from pug this morning to sort out my clutch, simple fix and she was running fine. Clutch is quite heavy but drive able. Go out on test drive and everything seems fine, struggle with the odd gear change but generally ok.

so we come to tonight! Me and the mrs decide to go see a film, everything seems ok to begin with struggle with the occasional gear again but nothing major. Gets into Sheffield and now I'm struggling to get into gear, car finally conks out at traffic lights just before dual carriage way! Turns out one of the linkage has come off. So I turn to my trusty Gaffa tape to help me fix it as it wouldn't stay on, anyways I got it fixed and manage to get 3rd gear to get me off the road.

So I ring the rac as I know it can't be fixed at the roadside and i would come out of gear and the linkage was buggerd. Took Rac bloke 2 hours 10mins to turn up! Then didn't want to tow me home at first, he wanted me to wait at least another hour for a flat bed! But I said no and that I want towing home! He finally did and when I got home he said he couldn't back the car onto the drive so we had to push it on ourself and then he said, your ok now and went to leave. I said is there anything I need to sign etc? And he replied no I'll sort it out.

He was a Complete and utter twat! I shall be making a complaint to the RAC and following it through until I get a response I am satisfied with! Anyways that's about it, car will be fixed as soon as new linkage turns up which is hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear about the car. This happened to mine while changing from 4th to 5th at 70mph on a motorway! Had to pull across 3 lanes to get to the hard shoulder..
At least it's an easy fix though!

But don't see why you are complaining about the Rac, he could have left you to wait for a flatbed.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2012, 11:52 PM)Jake Wrote: But don't see why you are complaining about the Rac, he could have left you to wait for a flatbed.

Because he had the option to tow me & didn't want too at first. But why should I have to wait at least another hour for a flat bed to take me back home?

He was also very ignorant, he left my car in the middle of my street and left me and my family to push it back onto my drive which is up a slope so wasn't the easiest of things to do.
Thanks given by:
I have uprated mine but always carry the old set in boot as a spare set Smile

RAC are usually pretty good tbh i think u just got a nob head tbh
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have nothing but good things to say about the RAC.
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2012, 08:31 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: I have nothing but good things to say about the RAC.

Yeah this^. Think you just got one that was having an off day!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Should have told him not to take his PMT out on you Big Grin the last guy who picked me up stayed for a brew and was chattin away about dervs for a good 45mins which i didnt mind as he took an interest into the derv and took extreme care with my bumpers and alloys when getting her on the trolley dolley

where as other services ive used are ruthless bastards and dont care wether they damage something
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How did you expect the guy to put the car on your driveway on his own?? I cant really see what the problem is tbh.

Anyway, I cant really complain about the RAC either, sure they took bloody ages getting to me, and didnt listen on the phone when I said 'its not fixable here, it'll need a truck' so had to wait even longer for a truck after the van turned up, also ripped my splitter off on the truck, but they did get me home twice, eventually.
Thanks given by:
Nothing but good things to say about RAC. When my clutch went on the 1.8, I thought it was the cable and I had onein the boot. The RAC guy was going to fit it for me in the snow even though there not supposed to. Towed me home in the end.
He probably didn't push it onto the drive because their not really supposed to push cars and also not supposed to have you help with anything In case something goes wrong.
Don't see your problem tbh. Recovery companies can take a while to turn up. AA left me at the side of the a motorway for almost 4 hours once!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I wasn't botherd about waiting for him to turn up, it was his attitude towards everything.

And all I wanted him to do was back his truck onto the drive so we could role it of easier. But he said his van couldn't reverse with it?
Thanks given by:
sounds like you got a either a bellend, or someone on an off day.

one time when i called the rac out, he took a couple of hours to get to me, but was a pretty sound bloke, tried for ages to find out what was wrong with the car, even moved his van to block my car from the pikies that were circling like vultures, then towed me to my garage, then dropped me off at the train station to wait for the first train. finished work at midnight, rac got there at 2am, got home at 7, long night
but, i was chatting to the guy and he was talking about the recruitment process that they go hru, its a bloody hard job to get. lots of experience, and they want the person with the right sort of mind set and personality to help with the face of the company and what not. i think it was something silly like 10 interviews and tests they have to get thru. mad.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Phone>Internet>Post on here>Ripp tows you home at 900mph in his million-bhp 1.4

Sorted.
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2012, 12:31 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: Phone>Internet>Post on here>Ripp tows you home at 900mph in his million-bhp 1.4

Sorted.

you might live to regret making an offer like that on a french car forum...

Thanks given by:
The RAC are awesome. Without RAC cover, my Dturb would have ruined my life many times over.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2012, 12:37 AM)samass Wrote: you might live to regret making an offer like that on a french car forum...

No, it allows me to turn up and laugh at broken diesels, what's not to like?
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2012, 01:25 AM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(09-08-2012, 12:37 AM)samass Wrote: you might live to regret making an offer like that on a french car forum...

Do you cover the Norfolk area. Almost always a broken down dt available.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2012, 01:25 AM)Rippthrough Wrote:

Hahahah

Good answer! Rofl

Thanks given by: