B-Pillar Vinyl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B-Pillar Vinyl
I went to do this at the weekend but ran out of time / energy. I also couldn't pull the seal back enough (ooer) to get at the vinyl below Confused

I'll have another crack this weekend, maybe grab the hairdryer to help.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
mine = done Big Grin
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Had a go at this just earlier-

[Image: 601B003F-11F0-4149-A39D-71B3C70159F0-198...36C70E.jpg]

But it's left this gap where the body colour is visible, so when I get a chance I'll pop the rear windows off and put some on the exposed part. May even tint the rear quarters whilst they're off...

[Image: 062C174D-CED5-48CC-BF56-FC16CFED73DD-198...A093B9.jpg]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
looks good. That isnt the OEM stuff is it? Cheap ebay black stuff? What did you use to cut them to shape with? im thinking a scalpal but i dont want to damage the paint. Also is there a way to remove the sticky stuff with acetone or will that strip the paint? D:
Thanks given by:
The vinyl is shiny black stuff - an offcut from a vinyl wrapper who is starting up. It's really mailable and easy to apply, hardest part is avoiding air bubbles.

To remove the sticky residue i used a combination of auto glym 'tar and insect remover' and lots of elbow grease. The AG stuff is really good.

As for cutting it to shape I started with a piece which was oversized and folded the edges around like the OEM stuff. I used a sharp blade - it won't go right through your paintwork!
Thanks given by:
So how do you go about getting under this? Want to see what it looks like without the vinyl before I swap for carbon

The black rubber seal running along the bottom of the vinyl has no give
In it at all Sad
Thanks given by:
You can take off the bit of rubber that seals the window to the pillar, then you'll see Smile It's a pain to get off, but as Chris said, get some Auto Glym product on it and it should be okay.

Also I've not got the trim on the astor and it looks good IMO
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'A' pillar pod Magenta Sunset 2 1,282 30-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  C pillar trim blaze_the_6 2 914 20-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Last Post: blaze_the_6
  306 pillar pod 306clot 5 2,025 10-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Last Post: 306clot