Improving rfs engine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving rfs engine
Hi everyone,
I have 306XSI, last full endorsement to GTI6.

My car is:

[Image: 529563_10151898729915147_229629844_n.jpg]

[Image: 599952_10151898731560147_2003499800_n.jpg]

Now my question is this, is there a way to strengthen my engine without turbo or enter throttles project?

I was told something about the engine management replacement + syringes stronger I'll go up to 200,220 horse power, makes sense?

If not what is your suggestion?
Thanks given by:
If i understand you right, then you mean injectors? If so, then no. I don't think bigger injectors and remapping the ecu would have such a big increase
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes you understand me fine.
What better way to this without getting into the engine turbo \ throttles?
Thanks given by:
You could fit the GTi 6 manifolds to help improve the flow of the engine, but that won't give you a massive increase in power
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I changed the GTI6 pay engine
I with 6-speed transmission
6 driveshaft
6 Brakes

All 6 in my car, I wanted to reinforce the engine of GTI6 not of the XSI

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
You could fit some different camshafts to the engine. There are some cams you can get without needing any engine work that just require an aftermarket ECU and remap, which have taken GTi-6s to the 200bhp mark. They cost in the region of £1,000 though I believe for everything.
Thanks given by:
which camshafts recommended?
And which ECU?
Thanks given by:
There are lots of different ECUs available, but sometimes it's best to find out what ECU brand is most used by the mechanic or tuning company who will be doing it for you. You can still make your own decision and they should still be able to work with it, but it can make things easier if you get an ECU you know they can work on.

As for cams, you can get Kent PT81 cams, or Piper Fast-road cams (Piper 270 cams) which do not require modification of the pistons unless your head has been skimmed more than once, as the clearance between the valves and pistons is quite small with the GTi-6 engine anyway, so skimming the head and using longer lift cams could cause lots of damage!
Thanks given by:
I'm looking to add power, without developing head or anything like that.

I understand from you that cams 270 most recommended
Need to find a company to agree to send to Israel.
Thank you.
Thanks given by:
I wanted to know what it takes to assemble turbo in closed engine ?
And some horsepower engine can be taken?

Which set is recommended?
Turbo, inter cooler?
Thanks given by:
With just a turbocharger on a standard engine, you'd be looking at around 220-250hp, depending on your remapper/reprogrammer... The manifolds end up very expensive as the battery has to be relocated to the rear of the car and the turbo is placed ontop of the gearbox.

It's also recommended to drop the compression via a decompression plate... No need for cams with a Turbocharger, the standard items are good for in excess of 500hp with correct timing.

Around Garrett GT2871R would be a good choice, you'd need an ECU also - DTA, Omex, Emerald are all good choices, if you don't mind doing the work yourself, Megasquirt is a very good option, sequential ignition and injection for very little money...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Hello
I decided to walk toward the car turbo installation,
I wanted to know if I put you more thick, which was altogether the engine can hold?

I'd like you to do me a list of parts that I need to buy to do this project.
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2012, 05:14 PM)Pug306is Wrote: Hello
I decided to walk toward the car turbo installation,
I wanted to know if I put you more thick, which was altogether the engine can hold?

I'd like you to do me a list of parts that I need to buy to do this project.

There's always more little parts you need but basics are

Stand alone ECU
Engine wiring loom
Custom made manifold
Flux capacitor
Custom made down pipe
Battery box (needs to go in the boot)
Wiring for battery relocation
Turbo obviously
Oil feed to turbo
Various bits of hosing
Intercooler
Slim line engine fan/s

The engine should withstand about 250bhp on standard internals I think. Ideally you want to get forged internals but this is very expensive.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: