306GTi6.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306GTi6.com
So it seems I cannot reply to threads?

Not being a pikey, but £5 fee just to join up and potentially use the classified ads for parts seems a bit silly? There's some parts I want on there but I'm not joining a site for a car model which I no longer really own, just to look at project threads and buy odds and sods?

Only just noticed this. How do they expect to sell parts on there apart from to each other?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Read the intro thread it explains the charge and why it's there and in my opinion is perfectly valid
Thanks given by:
Need anything mate post it here, I'm a member on there and so are a few others so I could message them?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Was only interested in thugpuggin's thread as he had some foglight lenses for sale.

I guess when I'm feeling more flush I could just pay the £5 fee. After all, I am a member on two Focus forums, a Celica forum and a Mazda MX5 forum, which I paid for.

Changing cars is expensive yo'!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
It's been that way for a while Smile I understand why it was done and it will have paid for a couple of years server costs, plus their costs resulting from VAT registration, so good on them. Bit of a shame that some of the long-standing members over there left though since they felt that their contribution to guides and FAQs, plus general community spirit should mean they didn't have to pay. I see both sides Smile

Chris you could always just donate it to us because we (the club) are awesome and don't charge for anything
Thanks given by:
Its been like that for a couple months now. I was in the same position as you. And im reLly not a fan of tjat forum. But i seen something I just had to buy at a bargain price so I ended up paying the membership.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I paid up over there as i like to look around and buy things but wouldnt pay much more.

Id happily pay a fiver a month to use here though.
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2012, 05:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I paid up over there as i like to look around and buy things but wouldnt pay much more.

Same as that. £5 a year is nothing when you consider some of the stuff that goes up for sale and the technical knowledge over there.
Don't think paying here will ever be in the question though!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nah, we've always said we don't want to charge people. As said, donations are always welcome though Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2012, 05:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I paid up over there as i like to look around and buy things but wouldnt pay much more.

(06-08-2012, 05:07 PM)Niall Wrote: Same as that. £5 a year is nothing when you consider some of the stuff that goes up for sale and the technical knowledge over there.
Don't think paying here will ever be in the question though!

Yeah im agreed on that one No question , I just hate the attitude over there some times , And TBH it fecking sticks somes time when theres really no need for it atall.

And its not everyone but some times it even seems to be senior members, Never had that sort of experience on any other forum,

But yes for Gti technical knowlage it is pretty epic at times

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
The irony is of course that they used to be very 'elitist' over there as the GTi6/Rallye was the range-topping model and most valuable, however now the bottom has fallen out of the market for used 306s the diesel models are now much more likely to hold their value!
Thanks given by:
They'll always be like that - as long as the same core few are on that site, it'll be filled with people who are elitist, don't like new members with new ideas etc...

I look over there, there's some very interesting and valuable info from a few select members, the vast majority from what I can see do talk out of their chuff-pipe assuming they know everything...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306gti6 forum down? Markie 4 1,583 06-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Markie
  Anyone on http://www.306gti6.com/ LewisG 2 1,179 05-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Last Post: LewisG
  Any paid members on 306gti6.com? cwspellowe 5 1,809 17-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Rich306