GROUP BUY: adjustable drop links

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GROUP BUY: adjustable drop links
(13-08-2012, 06:00 PM)RnDMotorsport Wrote: Hi guys, it is we, the ones who make these parts!

Google-ing 306 droplink group buy brought this up, so I thought I'd register to make things easier. Hope you don't mind Ash?!

thats fine mark i now wouldnt have had time to organise it now any way bloody work Sad
also get on pugnetHmm there are a few on there after some to Smile

also ill send payment tomorrow for two sets of these Smile
Thanks given by:
So are we doing a group buy or not? I'm very keen, as the supposedly good quality lemforder ones I bought are dead, and the knocking is getting on my tits.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Bump?
Thanks given by:
I'm making a list, bitches love lists.

1. Kez
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 06:51 PM)RnDMotorsport Wrote: Alright chaps.

As it seems that there is quite a bit of interest on here for these, but slight disagreements on timing, I have thought of a slightly better plan.

Email us direct on rnd231@gmail.com and quote the code GFYS306 to get your set, delivered to your door, for £60.00.

Please include your Paypal address in the email and we will send you an invoice. Please then include your address with the payment.

Cheers! - Mark

Helps if you read the whole thread Wink
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Alright chaps.

As it seems that there is quite a bit of interest on here for these, but slight disagreements on timing, I have thought of a slightly better plan.

Email us direct on rnd231@gmail.com and quote the code GFYS306 to get your set, delivered to your door, for £60.00.

Please include your Paypal address in the email and we will send you an invoice. Please then include your address with the payment.

Cheers! - Mark

Why do you need a list just email him and get them for £60 anyway :p

Chris i think you beat me to it lol

Thanks given by:
Not sure how I missed that...fail.
Thanks given by:
Is there a fitting guide for these at all? And how in the f*ck are you meant to get the rubber boots on?!
Thanks given by:
fitting guide? Seriously? its two bolts!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Someone put one up for setting the lengths though iirc.

I've fitted droplinks before but not adjustable. Plus, I'm mechanically retarded.
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2012, 08:02 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Someone put one up for setting the lengths though iirc.

I've fitted droplinks before but not adjustable. Plus, I'm just plain ol petarded.

EFA
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Here's a guide for fitting adjustable ones by Rippthrough Kez......http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=60931
Thanks given by:
How many people ended up getting these then? Any reviews yet?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers Gareth, that's the one I'd seen before.

Well I'm in the middle of fitting them, but they're really well made so I'm pretty chuffed for the price already.

EDIT: Oh cock...don't have a big enough hex key to tighten up the locknuts. Doh.
Thanks given by:
Just recieved mine. Was well packaged and looks to be good quality stuff. I'd definatley buy from them again if they make anything else I fancy.

Would people recommend to put extra grease into the rubber covers or just leave them as they are?
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the kind words chaps!

Just to let you all know that the discount price of £60 can only run on until the end of this month. After that they will be back at £70 if you buy direct over our email and quote that you are from this forum. The price is going up to £80 on Ebay, in case you are keeping tabs on us!

As for lubrication they do not need anything, however, a bit of GT-85 or similar PTFE containing spray will do no harm Wink

Also, there is a fitting guide on our website here.

Thanks all, and apologies for my lack of attendance here, I'm struggling to even find time to eat at the moment! - Mark
Thanks given by:
What date does the discount run till? i get paid 28th so want to order a set then
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Till the 30th really.

However, as I have been slack and didn't mention this until just a few days away (nearly the end of the month already?!!), I'll give you all another 7 days.

So, £60 is the price up until the 7th of October.

After that they will be back to their usual £80, with you guys getting them at £70 if you quote GFYS306.

Cheers!
Thanks given by:
These worth the money then guys?
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2012, 07:49 PM)Alee83 Wrote: These worth the money then guys?

providing the build quality is good which going on a few reviews, it is, there definately worth their money! People always slate the design of the 306 drop links but they work fine....on a standard car. Lowered however they are under more pressure and therefore fail much earlier
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well these haven't lasted particularly well. After 6 months two of the rubber gaiters have worn so badly they may as well not be there, and one of the joints has seized due to the amount of grit its had in it.

Anyone else found the rubber covers to have disintegrated?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: Rose jointed drop links HDIkyle 0 770 06-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle
  GI: Rose Jointed Drop Links and Adjustable Gear Linkages Grant 5 1,861 04-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Slam Wagon