xud restrictions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xud restrictions?
i know xud's have restrictions like exhaust backbox,cat and midbox that restrict flow and the standard air intake piping but what else restricts them? other than fueling and boost pressure?
Thanks given by:
well the cat obviously if you haven't already got rid of it . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Midbox dose not really restrict it, easiest way to get rid of the particle filter is to buy a down pipe for a 94 DT, the air intake is crap as standard on RHD's too
Thanks given by:
lol yeah thats gone matt Smile

i mean aside from exhaust and boost and fueling....there are other things that restrict the cars performance and i was just wondering what some of those things where
Thanks given by:
How many threads are you starting today lol, other than fuel pump/ turbo you have pretty much hit the nail on the head, once all those restrictions are sorted its just basically internals that restrict the power, or how much power you can squeeze out of it

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
first restriction is the lack of fueling, then maybe the wastegate, then the fueling, then the wastegate then the fueling, then the turbos too small, then you need more fuel, then the airs too hot you need to condense it to fit more in, then you can fit more fuel in ... you get the idea
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 08:48 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: first restriction is the lack of fueling, then maybe the wastegate, then the fueling, then the wastegate then the fueling, then the turbos too small, then you need more fuel, then the airs too hot you need to condense it to fit more in, then you can fit more fuel in , then a conrod comes shooting through the block, then swearing...

Edited for ya lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
just read this so if i get rid of my back box and have just a pipe it will make it perform better ? because iv been wanting to get rid of my back box and just have a pipe with a tip so is this a good idea ?
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2012, 01:01 AM)gurj306 Wrote: just read this so if i get rid of my back box and have just a pipe it will make it perform better ? because iv been wanting to get rid of my back box and just have a pipe with a tip so is this a good idea ?

Won't make a huge difference but yes, that's correct.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
wooop thats on my to do list because i was worrying about back pressure but now i know Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Exhaust wise I think the best budget setup is de cat, de backbox, and shove the midbox on the back with a tip. Mid box is pretty empty so no real restriction but it keeps the noise level controllable.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2012, 11:35 PM)gurj306 Wrote: wooop thats on my to do list because i was worrying about back pressure but now i know Big Grin

I have done it to mine, gives a deep note under load and can really hear the turbo whistle if your stood at the rear, seems to be a bit more responsive and spools up maybe a few 100 rmp sooner but i wouldnt say its quicker.
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2012, 11:52 PM)Danny2009 Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 11:35 PM)gurj306 Wrote: wooop thats on my to do list because i was worrying about back pressure but now i know Big Grin

I have done it to mine, gives a deep note under load and can really hear the turbo whistle if your stood at the rear, seems to be a bit more responsive and spools up maybe a few 100 rmp sooner but i wouldnt say its quicker.

i like the sounds of it i feel like getting it done tomorrow Tongue i can hear a whistle already just need to get rid of the back box Tongue
Thanks given by:
The turbine and just after it on some turbos is the biggest restriction on these.....
Thanks given by: