Why is my PC display 'jumpy'?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is my PC display 'jumpy'?
Can anyone help?

Basically the PC display keeps 'jumping' no matter what I'm doing. I use firefox, but the same occurs in IE or Chrome.

Basically I can be typing like I am now, get a 1-2 second freeze where nothing on the screen will change and then it will catch up again. I can type 2-3 words before they appear on the screen!

Even worse when watching videos. It'll show the video but add in a good 3 second bit of 'lag' almost, then ressume after this point, so I miss what is often the most critical and funny part of a video. Critical on a works computer.

What's happening?!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
To reduce lag spec yourself a smaller turbo! /stupid answer

Seriously though, it sounds like your RAM is struggling to keep up, what is your system spec?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
It may be worth giving it a bit of a cleanup, download a program like Ccleaner and get rid of the temp files and clean the registry, you'd be suprised at how much difference just that makes!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
+1 for ccleaner its epic!
Thanks given by:
If you get more time then run a defrag as well (warning: it will probably take a good few hours) and failing all that if it's still running like shit, do a fresh install.. if it's still slow then it's going to be something hardware related
Thanks given by:
Running Windows 7 on a 64-bit system. Pentium Dual-core processor E5500 2.8Ghz w/ 3gb of ram.

Did a defrag on c-drive, no different. Still runs like shit.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Video drivers...

Has the "Aero" theme gone i.e. is your taskbar and top of windows now not transparent?

Does it complain that a driver has fecked up sometimes and now Aero has been turned off...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
its video drivers or your screen is faulty. i have a 15" monitor that wobbles the picture up and down by about 2 or 3 pixels when it gets too warm!
Thanks given by:
Could also be the graphics card.. in fact more likely to be graphics card than the screen sam
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer Guru's - display issues ginge191 8 2,004 21-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Last Post: ginge191