What do I do with the old car?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I do with the old car?
Hi all. Short version of the story is someone crashed into my old 1.6 306, i've put a wing on it to keep the damaged car road legal but have the old parts. All the crash did was fold over the wing. The car could do with a headlight and the scrape of the bumper sorting out, but apart from that the bodywork is fine. Also in the last few days the exhaust has gone on the section of pipe right under the engine which doesn't help its case.
I now have a 1.8 16v sat on the drive to replace it with but I don't know what to do with the old 1.6. I realise the problems are mounting up but if you guys saw her i'm sure at least half would love the car. What do you guys think, do I just hand it over to the insurance and let them do what they will with her or do i buy it back after the claim or do i just take whatever money they offer me?

Thanks for any help guys
Thanks given by:
wouldn't have claimed for it in the first place if i could have avoided it to be honest . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
This. ^^^ And putting a new wing on it doesn't necessarily make it road-legal lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If youve claimed let the insurance take it cos it probably aint worth f*ck all

If the insurance dont want it then weigh it in or sell it on ebay.
Thanks given by: