Is my car advertised at a fair price?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my car advertised at a fair price?
Just a quick ask, Do you think my car is advertised at a fair price?

stage 2 hdi estate, 51 plate, cheap tax, long tax and MOT, vgc in and out, FSH but needs a clutch.

Its up at £3k as it is with all the spares or £2.5k on std wheels and brakes but id be willing to take a fair bit of haggling on these prices.

Ive had no real interest bar one member off here but its advertised on 5 forums (here, .net, GTi6oc, PPC and TDOC) and its on pistonheads.

Im aware that the arse has fallen out of the used car market and its not a great time of year to sell but is it up at the right price or should I be looking for less
Thanks given by:
It's in really good condition but unfortunately the only people who want modified cars are people like us and because of that, you have greatly narrowed the market. It's even more narrowed by the fact that it's a estate and all the chavs in Saxos looking to upgrade wont look at it!
Unfortunately mate, although its worth 3k as it is, I don't think it will sell for that Sad
I had the same problem with my Saab. Took me 2 months to sell and I ended up dropping the price by almost 1k
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Gotta be worth the 3k your after. Average condition and mileage FMIC's hatches go for ~1800.

Just dont sell the turbo with it, will have it off you in Jan if thats ok still?
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
TBH i think its a bit pricey for that you could buy a newer 206/307 estate and have the 1.6HDI engine which is £30 a year to tax i know if i was in the market for a derv estate my money would go on the cheaper to run/keep newer car saying that though someone might want the mods you've got on yours and be willing to pay asking price

I had teh same with my XSI-6 when i advertised it last year everyone said price was spot on and if they had the money they would buy it but 2 months on the market not 1 call/enquiary offered it to a lad the other night and was asked whats wrong with it being so cheap :lol cant win
Thanks given by:
Dum, it's a matter of just waiting for the right buyer. Took me ages to sell my Dturbo and many price drops. Currently got a VTR to sell which i think will be easy.

3k is fair for whats there, low mileage, good mods and SH, nice spec, good nick. If i had the cash spare i'd offer 3k but i'd want better stopping power for the (fast) journey home :p

And it's Christmas. Wrong time of year to Buy anything for yourself cos you're skint 'cos you've spent on everyone else.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Fairly priced but as said wrong time of year. An as modified a narrow market. It will sell mate, just got to wait it out
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Fairly priced but as said wrong time of year. An as modified a narrow market. It will sell mate, just got to wait it out

Problem is that i dont want to wait, I want a cabby now before my insurance renewal is up and also i reckon drifting in the snow with the roof down would be an EPIC WIN!

With the above in mind if anyone has any offers around the £2k mark Id be interested and if Im keeping the wheels and brakes id let her go a fair bit below £2k for a quick sale.
Thanks given by:
Dum don't do anything stupid with pricing just to get a quick sale. I made that mistake with my Saab and I do regret dropping the price so much. If I had of held out a little while I reckon I could of got 400-500 more. Luckily I payed so little for my 306 but still Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
No, far too expensive. Ill give you a grand for it right now
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Drop it by £500 maybe? £2.5k all in and £2k without?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
3k seems a bit steep for an 11yr old peugeot. Just look at what else you can buy for a similar price. I would say 2.5k max.

Be aware though, i really struggled to sell my combi which was around the same pruce and 3yrs newer.
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you thought about putting it back to standard?? Its a low mileage car and probably worth the same as it would appeal to more people..
Thanks given by:
If you do take the wheels off, anyone got first dibs ?

Edit *100 posts*
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Want the Car gone before the 3rd of January!

Taken out a loan to get a new car and because of my f*cking awful credit rating I will be paying £££ a month in interest alone not to mention keeping 2 cars insured so it needs to go ASAP
Thanks given by:
As Kris says, wrong time of year to be selling, and if you want a fair price for it then you will have to wait.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Advertised for 5 door but surely fits 3 as well? Orta 8 1,270 26-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
Information £175 D-turbo fair bargain if you're near Arbroath Mattcheese31 14 2,994 14-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Dicky
  Fair play illusive troll! Grant 18 3,787 05-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Last Post: the milkman