K14

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K14
Hi I'm new here. You say that had the turbo over 20psi, Had you TMIC?

I had TMIC and I want boost my turbo K14 to 18PSI, the air will be very hot?

What is maximun with TMIC? thanks
Thanks given by:
Sergio92spain Wrote:Hi I'm new here. You say that had the turbo over 20psi, Had you TMIC?

I had TMIC and I want boost my turbo K14 to 18PSI, the air will be very hot?

What is maximun with TMIC? thanks

People run 40+psi on TMIC's no problem and although performance wont quite be as good as a FMIC, it wont be far off. The problem comes with long term power, if you are driving hard for more than a few minutes the power will drop considerably and you will also need to keep your eye on engine temps as they will climb much faster on TMIC.

IMO a VERY safe boost to run on TMIC, worry free would be ~18/19psi. Any higher and you will just need to be sensible and have some mechanical sympathy.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:At those PSIs I would be more worried about blowing the gasket or chucking a rod rather than the turbo blowing, which is a relatively small thing in comparison to either of those events.

Ignore this.........

Dan! Wrote:People run 40+psi on TMIC's no problem and although performance wont quite be as good as a FMIC, it wont be far off. The problem comes with long term power, if you are driving hard for more than a few minutes the power will drop considerably and you will also need to keep your eye on engine temps as they will climb much faster on TMIC.

IMO a VERY safe boost to run on TMIC, worry free would be ~18/19psi. Any higher and you will just need to be sensible and have some mechanical sympathy.

Listen to this Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I'm a fool and should realise that threatening behaviour of any sort will not be tolerated
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Okay then smart guy what causes headgaskets to blow and rods to chuck then? Obviously raising the psi does because that makes the overall compression ratio higher which strains those components more. I really want to smack you sometimes :x

Lol, you have no idea at all do you lol
Thanks given by:
^^ this

Flynn Wrote:Okay then smart guy what causes headgaskets to blow and rods to chuck then? Obviously raising the psi does because that makes the overall compression ratio higher which strains those components more. I really want to smack you sometimes :x

lmao

Get yourself over to the meet at the beginning of Feb then! your welcome to try if your so inclined to threaten people! When you stop spouting shite I will stop correcting you.

Have a nice day Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Haha always a good laugh glad the banter is continuing on this forum Smile Flynn you should come to a meet be good to see your face considering nobody on here ever has Wink
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by: