Service time!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Service time!!!
The time has come to service my beloved Pug, couple of quick questions before I attack it today at some point...

First of all the fuel filter...where the bloody hell is it mine is the Lucas pump have looked all around the engine and can't seem to find it!

Secondly the service interval...Mine's reading -400 miles will it automatically reset itself when I've serviced it somehow or is there a way to reset the service light/interval warning?
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i dont know if it changed between p1 and p2, but it should be where your main top hose comes out of
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
It will be where joe said. It has 4 4mm allen key bolts im pretty sure. The service light you need to press the mileage reset button and hold it on and then turn the ignition on and it will count down from 10 to 0. When it gets to 0 turn the ignition off and it should be reset
Thanks given by:
Questions answered already, but yeah, fuel filter will be in the black housing where the top rad hose connects to -

this bit- [Image: 2u55l3k.jpg]

Just remove the 4 x 4mm allen bolts from the top of the housing and remove the filter, just go steady or you will end up with diesel all over the place lol

and also as above, to reset the service interval, with the ignition off press and hold the reset button on the dials then turn the ignition on and the display will count from 10 - 0, switch off the ignition and switch it on again, counter should now read "6000" ish when you turn it back on, if it still says "-400" then try again Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service time Willo 10 2,256 15-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Last Post: sammy9212