Fitting conrods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting conrods
Lol is also what I thought, but I think a press would be better
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Ignore the unrelated shit but fitting is done like so

start at 35 secs

I would have thought that you should be able to get them out by doing the same Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
yeh all makes sense; in all fairness, i might just find a decent workshop on the island. Would need to do some research, not many places on the island do stuff like this. They change brake pads... thats about it
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Easiest way I found of pressing the gudgeon pins out was to use a socket slightly smaller than the hole you're getting it out of heat gudgeon pin up slightly stick socket on top (wear gloves as burns are likely!) and then tap it out.

If you don't want to use direct heat on it we used to get a metal tray with a bit of oil and petrol in stick the pistons in there light it and leave it a few minutes to heat up pull it out and bang it out.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2012, 06:45 AM)InkedMuttley Wrote: Easiest way I found of pressing the gudgeon pins out was to use a socket slightly smaller than the hole you're getting it out of heat gudgeon pin up slightly stick socket on top (wear gloves as burns are likely!) and then tap it out.

If you don't want to use direct heat on it we used to get a metal tray with a bit of oil and petrol in stick the pistons in there light it and leave it a few minutes to heat up pull it out and bang it out.

Why can people no get their head around this, if you heat up the pin you will make the pin expand (things expand when they are heated, simple physics) which will make it a tighter fit in the hole..........you need to heat the piston or the little end (which ever the pin is fixed into place by) to make that expand and release its grip on the pin which will in turn make it easier to push out, its the same with bolts that are stuck, if you heat the bolt its not really going to help anything much as it will make the bolt expand and nip the threads tighter...........
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD7T and XUD9T suitable conrods? Biggen 1 1,471 08-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Biggen
  XUD7, XUD9 and upgrade conrods assembled 4 2,238 10-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  D8A block and hdi conrods Teddy 16 4,837 15-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Dave