no boost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no boost
hi guys i have just got my car on the road and i have no boost. had a forum member look at it and he says he cannot find a leak. the car is a 1998 dturbo, bosch pump with ground lda, t2 and fmic. the boost comes in at the top end but only seems to come at top end. turbo gauge reading 1PSI Sad. on the motorway it pulls at 80 in 3rd with abit more to go. could the timing be out by a tooth or could i advanve the pump to see if that will cure it?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
This sounds like the problem im having aswell but i cant only got up to 6 psi :/
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
im going to de-wastegate it. let you know how it goes
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
roger
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
I have nothing helpful to say just this is a strange problem and i hope you fix it soon so know what it was lol
Thanks given by:
If you're pulling at 80 in 3rd... And reading next to 0 boost then you have a sensor issue.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are you sure the boost guage hasn't got any leaks such as on the t-piece?
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 11:58 PM)Dave Wrote: If you're pulling at 80 in 3rd... And reading next to 0 boost then you have a sensor issue.
what sensor?

(23-07-2012, 08:23 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: Are you sure the boost guage hasn't got any leaks such as on the t-piece?

im using the T-piece that was on the car when i got it. looks like its out of a plumbers bag. big metal T-piece
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 04:04 PM)karl1989 Wrote: what sensor?

Erm, the boost one in the gauge Undecided

and just because the tee is metal doesn't mean that its not leaking on the gauge connection or anywhere along the feed to the gauge sensor Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 04:18 PM)mark_airey Wrote:
(23-07-2012, 04:04 PM)karl1989 Wrote: what sensor?

Erm, the boost one in the gauge Undecided

and just because the tee is metal doesn't mean that its not leaking on the gauge connection or anywhere along the feed to the gauge sensor Smile

ive tried another boost gauge and still the same. i know i was just saying its a metal one. was told to get the timing checked
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
TBH if the timing was a tooth out it'd run like crap, never mind no boost. Mine was a tooth out and even advancing/retarding the timing as much as humanly possible at the pump it just would not run for more than a few seconds.

Must be a major leak somewhere to have so little boost. Mine's still a bit leaky but it's still hitting 22psi for short periods...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 04:38 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: TBH if the timing was a tooth out it'd run like crap, never mind no boost. Mine was a tooth out and even advancing/retarding the timing as much as humanly possible at the pump it just would not run for more than a few seconds.

Must be a major leak somewhere to have so little boost. Mine's still a bit leaky but it's still hitting 22psi for short periods...
ah ok. i have tried listening for a leak but i cant hear anything. im going to adjust the waste gate and see what happens. probably wont make a difference but worth a try i guess.
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
This might sound stuipd but youd be suprised, is your waste gate arm actualy on? i had exactly the same problem once apon a time, and it turned out that the clip had poped off and the waste gate arm and it had droped off only giving 2or3 psi of boost,

And people are asking is it just a leak to the guage, but trust me you notice when your turbo isnt boosting, it feels like you have no boost right? completly dead and barley moves sort of thing? worse than a 1.9 NAD

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 05:08 PM)puglove Wrote: This might sound stuipd but youd be suprised, is your waste gate arm actualy on? i had exactly the same problem once apon a time, and it turned out that the clip had poped off and the waste gate arm and it had droped off only giving 2or3 psi of boost,

And people are asking is it just a leak to the guage, but trust me you notice when your turbo isnt boosting, it feels like you have no boost right? completly dead and barley moves sort of thing? worse than a 1.9 NAD

your right it popped of haha. put it on now im at 20psi Smile. feels wierd that car boosting
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This is a proper face palm moment lmao

Glad my mistakes could be of service lol

Ebay £1.50 for 3x T2 waste gate clips to stop it happening again

When i showed my mrs this thread, before i even said anything she said " waste gate arm isnt on?" lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
lmao

oh dear! Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
i couldnt believe it when i looked then came on here and puglove said what it was lol. feels nice to have boost now but need to tweek abit. kicks in abit late and gets warm to quick lol
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Haha glad it's all fixed most common problems are usually simple.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by: