Diablo Diesel Peugeot!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diablo Diesel Peugeot!!
Ok so it's not a 306. Blush

But yes, regrettably the 106 is for sale. Used a template I've borrowed from 106oc, seeing as it is a 106.

MAKE: Peugeot

MODEL: 106 Zest 2 (as badged, but insurance seem to think its a zest 3)

ENGINE: Apparently there is one, not that you'd notice if you put your foot down.... (1.5D)

MILEAGE: Low for year, but too many for an old peugeot... (116k)

MOT: Unbeleiveably, yes!! Until December 2012

TAX: Erm, currently till Dec 2012, but will be SORNed soon due to insurance/tax rules

YEAR/REG: 1998/S

COLOUR: Well, 60% is diablo red, 20% is faded grey trim, 20% lacquer peel Confused

DESCRIPTION: Its a 106 NAD, it has.....oh wait, no it has nothing, but of course that means less can break. Wink

Good points

- You won't get caught speeding in it
- You can laugh at your mates with thier 1.1s at the petrol station as you go sailing past with an average of 65mpg!! Of course they'll lap you when they've refuelled though.
- You can park in tight spaces without worrying about scratches, lets face it, you wouldnt notice any more anyway.
- It has a go faster stripe on the drivers door from some nice guy with a key I'd guess, this does add 5bhp, but needs doing on the otherside too to even it up ideally.
- It has a pioneer stereo which works and I'll even leave it in the car for you..........shame the speakers are shit though, especially the parcel shelf speakers wired in 2.5mm singles (wth, Ned!? Tongue ), well they were until I had to take the parcel shelf out anyway, theyre now not connected at all.
- The sunroof doesn't leak!! Well I should hope not with the amount of sealent all over it and the roof anyway!
- It has a towbar, yes you really can tow stuff with it, and I'll even include a spare towing numberplate with velcro - note, I said you 'can' tow with it, but I wouldn't advise towing a trailer full of rubble...that was interesting to say the least! Confused
- It fills the street with white smoke on a cold morning due to a damaged glow plug, seeing your neighbours faces when this happens will always cheer you up on a cold morning. And I'll even give you a glow plug to put in as I'm nice! (Well that, and it was already in the glovebox).
- The brakes are interesting, you can play 'Wheres 106' as you just never know where your car will be in the morning if you leave it on the handbrake alone, which currently looks as though it's very pleased to see you sticking almost vertically upright between the seats, and the service braking force makes for a good laugh too, sometimes there is some and you will actually stop, several feet infront of where you intended, but stopped nevertheless, however if you've got the slightest steer on while braking, you will end up locking and hitting the kerb, again a good laugh when that happens!
- It has very good tread on the tyres!! But 13" tyres are cheap anyway though, which is good as you'll want rid of the awful budgets that are on there atm tbh.
- The wipers make cool patterns on the windows, they dont clear the rain away, but thats hardly thier primary function is it.
- Your nan will like the seats, as she can get in and out easy cos they have no bolsters.....this does of course mean you fall out the seat whilst rolling around every corner though...
- It has 3 door, which makes you look cool so I've been told, not impractical either, as you can't fit people in the back anyway, not unless they're extremely small, even then they'd feel cramped.
- Theres loads of service history with this car, usually thats the sign that a cars been looked after....there are always exceptions though lol.
- You will always know the time when in this car, the huge analogue clock makes sure of this even if it is a few mins fast (the only fast part of the car), I mean who needs a rev counter anyway 'eh!
- If you like retro this is ideal for you, sitting inside looks and smells like the 1980's, but without the hassle and expense of buying a car from that era!

In all seriousness though, you all know I bought this car as a stop gap while fixing the Golf. I replaced the knocking driveshaft the first week I bought the car and have done around 2000 miles since with no major problems. The bodywork isn't great, and there is a snapped glowplug which I didnt even touch incase I made it worse but you guys can probably sort it in 10mins lol, if not, a scrappy head doesn't cost much. As much as I don't like this car, it served it purpose really well as a cheap stop gap, and I wouldn't be selling it if I could insure it as a second car. Everything about it is cheap, fuel, parts, tax and even insurance is like group 3. If you want any specific details please PM me, but I'm not sure theres much else to say about the car!

ASKING PRICE: It owes me £500, so that what I'm looking for, ONO of course, but no stupid prices, I'm aware of what I can get by scrapping it, selling a few bits and claiming the tax back thanks, but I'd rather not as it does still work and has T & T.

[Image: Carsand106forsale044.jpg]

[Image: Carsand106forsale045.jpg]

[Image: Carsand106forsale046.jpg]

[Image: Carsand106forsale047.jpg]

[Image: Carsand106forsale048.jpg]

[Image: Carsand106forsale049.jpg]

[Image: Carsand106forsale050.jpg]

[Image: Carsand106forsale051.jpg]

[Image: Carsand106forsale052.jpg]

[Image: Carsand106forsale053.jpg]

[Image: Carsand106forsale054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
WIll be after one of these in a month, so maybe if you still have it I would be interested. GLWTS for now though Smile
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
It better not still be here in a month, I'm poor now. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 04:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It better not still be here in a month, I'm poor now. Tongue

So am I, that's the problem!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
keep this and sell the golf tom, does look real tidy in the pics though i must say. GLWTS

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 07:06 PM)puglove Wrote: keep this and sell the golf tom, does look real tidy in the pics though i must say. GLWTS

They're both going mate. ninja

Unfortunately it isn't so tidy in real life, I have polished and waxed it for the new owner though. Smile
Thanks given by:
back to a 306 it is then

Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 07:25 PM)puglove Wrote: back to a 306 it is then

You'll have to wait and see Tongue
Thanks given by:
coooooome on you know you wona

Thanks given by:
Get a 306 derv, china 5 door but you will still find something to complain about lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
tom just for the record. If you push the zest logo on the passenger side where there is an airbag on some cars... does it come out as a cup holder? or is it just a badge?
Thanks given by:
Danny, you're right, I'll definitely have something to complain about, downgrading from a golf, but needs must. Wink

Sam, its the ejector seat button mate......obviously being a Peugeot it doesn't work though. Tongue. But seriously, its just a badge lol.
Thanks given by:
No one of my mates Zest 2's had a cup holder behind the badge
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
So tempted to buy this just for the sheer Lolz and reminiscence of my old 106
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 09:56 PM)Niall Wrote: So tempted to buy this just for the sheer Lolz and reminiscence of my old 106

and the brilliant opportunity to meet tom in real life?
Thanks given by:
You forget he's already met me Sam....you just couldn't be bothered to come over at the time. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Millage isnt alot for a peugeot.
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 10:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You forget he's already met me Sam....you just couldn't be bothered to come over at the time. Tongue

in actual fact nobody let me know they had arrived and i was too far away! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 10:45 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Millage isnt alot for a peugeot.

For a 106 it is lol, build quality isn't quite the same as a 306 lol!

(22-07-2012, 10:46 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(22-07-2012, 10:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You forget he's already met me Sam....you just couldn't be bothered to come over at the time. Tongue

in actual fact nobody let me know they had arrived and i was too far away! Dodgy

Pfft, excuses..........
Thanks given by:
hmmmmmmmm
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Do it Sam!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
but i need to spend my money on other, more bwarrp related things...

lend me 500 bones?

Thanks given by:
I suppose Tongue now get more bwarrp!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Hmm.......seems to be more interest in this than my 306's lol..........

Someone hurry up and buy it! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
BUMP.......Going on gumtree if it doesn't get anymore forum interest........
Thanks given by:
would the 2.1 XUD engine fit in this?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
i take it you need shot of it soon as Tom?

Thanks given by:
(25-07-2012, 10:35 AM)samass Wrote: i take it you need shot of it soon as Tom?

Yes I do Sam. Undecided
Thanks given by:
damn shame.
good luck buddy

Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 09:56 PM)Niall Wrote: So tempted to buy this just for the sheer Lolz and reminiscence of my old 106

Do it!

nad friendsssss!!!

And '6 as a 2nd car friendssss Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: PEUGEOT 306 1.9 W REG 2000 L D Manual BLUE 5 Door H/B Mileage Diesel shazilla 2 2,066 25-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Last Post: shazilla
Thumbs Up FOR SALE: Peugeot 206 LX D diesel 1 owner 2000 model cheap deal Rixgarage 7 1,917 29-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rixgarage
  1995 peugeot 205 1.8 diesel for sale rallywoodhall 13 2,522 04-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Last Post: rallywoodhall