Getting no diesel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting no diesel
Have little details on this but a bosch pump isn't getting any diesel, car will start with a push.. Thats all i know lol Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Clean out the filter and strainer? Normally when cars wont start on the key but will bump, its low compression.
Thanks given by:
Think all filters were clean, he said something along the lines of, played with the wires to the solenoid and it started no problem

Faulty stop solenoid? Or wires going to it?
Thanks given by:
I'd test the wires going to it first , run a wire from the battery positive to the stop solenoid if it starts then no doubt faulty wires , but if you do this youl have to stall the engine to turn it off because of the constant 12v feed to the stop solenoid so it's by no means a permanent solution but it will show if it's the wiring or the solenoid that's knackerd
Thanks given by:
Ill give that a go.. Small job to change the solenoid?
Thanks given by:
Not sure mate never looked into it or herd of it needing doing can't imagine it is though tbh deffo a pump off job
Thanks given by:
Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
Did it just start doing this or is it since a Bosch conversion?

Get a multimeter and check that you're getting 12V to the stop solenoid, you should also hear the solenoid click when it gets the 12V. Get someone to crank it and make sure you're still getting 12V. Its possible to wire it up that you have ignition 12V, but drops to low during cranking
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 01:36 PM)Jackabeen Wrote: Not sure mate never looked into it or herd of it needing doing can't imagine it is though tbh deffo a pump off job

A stop solenoid is a fairly common fault you can't of been around diesels long and there is no reason to take the pump off its easy enough to do with the pump on.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(Today 02:36 PM)Jackabeen Wrote:  
Not sure mate never looked into it or herd of it needing doing can't imagine it is though tbh deffo a pump off job

A stop solenoid is a fairly common fault you can't of been around diesels long and there is no reason to take the pump off its easy enough to do with the pump on.

No I haven't 306 is my first car and this is the only forum i used and in 5 month of everyday use iv never seen that problem that's what my statement was based on And Im no mechanic and I assumed because of its location it would have to be off the car
Thanks given by:
Fair enough mate we've all gotta learn, but you can't give people false infomation Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
It just started doing it harky, wont be at the car till tomorrow but the car has been hard started for awhile now and it was suspected heater plugs were gone
Thanks given by:
Could also be air getting in to the system somewhere. Try priming the hand grenade before trying to start it
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Car wouldnt turn off with the key today.. Dodgy solenoid or the wire going to it?? Any help appreciated thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Yea sounds like either dodgy solenoid or dodgey wiring. Get someone to turn the ignition on whilst you listen at the pump, you should hear the solenoid click, then click again when they turn ignition off. Or take the solenoid out, its just a big spanner, 22, 24 something like that and you'll see the wee plunger and spring, make sure all thats free.
Thanks given by:
Thanks harky ill try that later Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2012, 06:36 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Car wouldnt turn off with the key today.. Dodgy solenoid or the wire going to it?? Any help appreciated thanks Smile

There is something wrong but if its the stop solenoid that's failed they norally dont open as they are mechanically closed by a spring, I would start the car and then switch it off with the key, if it carries on running first thing I would check is to see if there is 12v to the stop solenoid with the key on the off position, if there isn't 12v there then I would unscrew the solenoid and check that the plunger isn't stuck or the spring broken as a starting point.

If there is 12v at the solenoid with the key off then you have a wiring issue that's stopping you turning off the power supply to the solenoid.
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Sounds more like the ignition switch if it goes on a bump, tbh never seen an actual 306 doing this but work alot at e7s and this can happen. More random electrical gremlins on the way if I'm right....
Thanks given by:
The whole bump thing was just random lol The car has a mind of its own when it wants to start lol Must check the wiring to the solenoid and the solenoid itself later.. Thanks mark and con Smile
Thanks given by: