Lowering idle , Bosch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering idle , Bosch
Alright guys basically iv hit abit of a wall with trying to fuel my car , to get anywhere near 20psi my idle goes upto 1100-1200rpm and iv ran out of ideas to get it down , so far its had hot idle screw wound all the way out throttle arm has been adjusted to its full extent it now rests against the pump and that's it , just woundering if anyone has any cheeky little tips to get it down a few hundred rpm and yes yes I know I could just turn the max fuel back down but that's gay I'd rather try/ask everything first cheers Jack
Thanks given by:
Grind either part of the throttle arm or the pump down so the arm can rest further back. Also, make sure you have adjusted your LDA to get the most fuel you can, otherwise you are turning the max fuel up and causing idle problems when you could maybe just get more fuel from the LDA
Thanks given by:
The lda screw is found all way out pretty much not 100% on how that should be set up tbh I thought that with the throttle arm stop good job iv got a spare to use init Smile cheers mate
Thanks given by:
There should be a guide I wrote on LDA/Bosch pump setup in the guides section on here, take a look Smile
Thanks given by:
Iv read all that guide 10 times over mate all the ones you did on Bosch credits to you Smile
Thanks given by:
jack as been previously mentioned before cant turn yours up any more as it running away as the screw is maxed out. your lda guide pin needs freeing up too as it was stiff last time i fiddled with the pump. as mentioned before something isnt quite right on yours atm
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Well atm iv got it turned up boosting at 24psi peak and the revs are acting as normal the idle is just a few hundred rpm too much , there is something abit iffy with my pump , think its just trying to make me upgrade lol
Thanks given by:
Might have a boost leak if you've got that much fueling for 20psi.... Might just be me being silly mind haha
Thanks given by:
I think you have maxed the fuel I've hit the same as yours, you need more boost from the turbo have you adjusted the actuator?
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Yes iv adjusted to actuator , the pump can't be maxed out because there very little coal and not a whisp on boost
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  smoking on idle bosch pump therefused 14 2,870 26-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Last Post: 306Puggy
  Setting Bosch idle 306Puggy 7 2,463 06-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Last Post: 306Puggy
  Bosch Idle Problems with smoke Ben Jay 46 7,454 30-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Ben Jay