FMIC set up help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FMIC set up help
Just adjust the actuator mate it only takes 10 minutes
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-07-2012, 08:00 PM)ANTB1986 Wrote: Good news then. Tried having a go at the MBC and not a chance lol anyone done one before on a hdi or wants to make themselves abit of £'s. Need it done soon as.

What problem are you having? Put some pictures up and a description and I'm sure someone will be happy to guide you.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
How do I change it? Can you put any pictures up? I can get my hand in but only one and can cut the pipe but got no chance of connecting it back up with one hand and put clips on aswel.
Thanks given by:
The boost will rise once remapped, and you'll struggle getting high boost with standard fuelling.

I'd check the MBC works to say 18psi tops, once remapped for FMIC it'll rise to about 20-21psi from that point just due to the extra exhaust energy for the same wastegate amount.

Dave
Thanks given by:
I can't get the MBC connected that's the prob. Just need to see if someone wants to do it for me or if someone can guide me in on how you change the actuator on 306 hdi. Need to get it all done before I go to stage 2.
Thanks given by:
What turbo do you have?
Thanks given by:
Have no idea mate. 2001 306 hdi.
Thanks given by:
Try and get a picture of it as it could be one of two different turbos
Thanks given by:
Ok. Will be tomorrow now pal. Are both of them easy to do?
Thanks given by:
Fairly simple yeah mate
Thanks given by:
coz the turbo is right at the back at the bottom aint it and you can only just see it so dont have a clue how im going to get a tool in to change the boost
Thanks given by:
I only used a long 10mm spanner to adjust mine, slightly different on a gt15 though
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2012, 08:57 PM)ANTB1986 Wrote: coz the turbo is right at the back at the bottom aint it and you can only just see it so dont have a clue how im going to get a tool in to change the boost

Simple: MTFU. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
MTFU? Whats that mean lol
Thanks given by:
Man The f*ck Up.. lol
Thanks given by:
A K03 is relatively easy, I've never done a GT15 though..

Just let the engine cool down first, I was impatient when I went under the second time to adjust it, and got a few burns off the turbo Sad

10mm spanner is all you need,that and some patience!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Yeah what jonny said... i also didn't let mine cool down quick enough.. suprisingly enough it gets very hot!
Thanks given by:
It's not suprising at all, I'm worried!

I wonder if this hot exhaust issue is common on the HDi's, would there be any way to cool the exhaust down?

Obviously an exhaust should never be more than just slightly warm, but mine seemed to be really hot after a drive.

I'm genuinely confused and concerned about this, should I go to a garage and ask them to fix it?

/troll lol

Thanks given by:
To be honest I don't even know what I'm looking for apart from a 10mm nut.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 0.jpg]

On the right of the picture, the two nuts either side of the wastegate arm. You need to make the actuator arm "shorter" to increase boost by winding the whole lot closer to the actuator (if that makes sense)

Thanks given by:
Yeah it does mate. Cheers. Are both turbos like that? Or is this one more likey to be on the hdi?
Thanks given by:
The pic above is of a KO3, the other one is a GT15, the GT15 has a bar with a circlip on, you take off the circlip and move the bar to make it shorter then reattach the arm after IIRC
Thanks given by:
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=1160]

I'd have thought it was more like this one?

Thanks given by:
Well that's what i thought originally, i remember speaking to ruan a while back though and he thought it was the way i mentioned above! If not and it's like the one in the picture then it should just be a case of adjusting the thumb screw!
Thanks given by:
What you said above sounds very much like adjusting a T2....

I don't know though, maybe someone can clear it up Smile

Thanks given by:
It could be! No idea tbh with you i've only personally adjusted my KO3
Thanks given by:
GT15 is the one Jonny's posted, adjust the thumb wheel as he says.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Depends on K03 vs GT15...

The K03 is the long one with two lock nuts IIRC, the GT15 definitely has the thumb screw.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yay, I was right Smile

Thanks given by:
Just from moving up 4-5 psi you've got to put the intercooler on or is the intercooler just for stage 2? Cheers for all the advice people. Going to have a look later today after I fit some of me new intercooler pipe Smile So all I'm doing is making the arms shorter on the turbos?
Thanks given by: